Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cannot change volume on truehd alsa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leia 18.2 ubuntu 18.04 hdmi connection. Keyboard for input.

After reading when pulseaudio or alsa should be used, it appeared alsa was better for me.

I disabled pulseaudio following: https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio/HOW-TO...for_Ubuntu

On reboot I set audio output device and passthrough audio device to the entry that had hdmi in the name .

Everything seems to be working well except for truehd.
When running a video with truehd the (+,-) keys appear to be disabled and I cannot change the volume.
It is very loud compared to other formats and the kodi osd

Am I missing something, or is there no way to change the volume
Volume control can't be done in Kodi while using passthrough, it has to be done on the decoding device such as AVR or Soundbar. As the term passthrough implies, we simply pass the audio to the hdmi/optical output, volume can only be adjusted if Kodi does the decoding to multichannel LPCM.
(2019-05-01, 00:12)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Volume control can't be done in Kodi while using passthrough, it has to be done on the decoding device such as AVR or Soundbar. As the term passthrough implies, we simply pass the audio to the hdmi/optical output, volume can only be adjusted if Kodi does the decoding to multichannel LPCM.

Thank you.