Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which file(s) store the data for which videos are watched/in progress? Also bookmarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm moving over from an old Fire Stick to a new one, but Kodi was acting up a little on the old one (plus I was still on Krypton) so rather than copy everything over, I'm just starting mostly fresh. I do want to bring some key data with me, though. Namely:
  • YouTube login/API (already taken care of)
  • List of Favorites (pretty sure that's just this one file here, no problem)
  • Which videos I've already watched or partially watched
  • Bookmarks
I don't know where the data on watched videos or bookmarks is, so if you do, please help me out! If the watched data is individual to each add-on, YouTube's the only really important one. ...Maybe Simpsons World, too.

Also, if there's anything else important you think I should definitely copy over that I didn't think of, I'm open to suggestions.
(2019-05-01, 10:10)Amedeus Wrote: [ -> ]Which videos I've already watched or partially watched
It is best if you Export your library so that information is saved and easily imported back into the database. See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video

(2019-05-01, 10:10)Amedeus Wrote: [ -> ]Bookmarks
The data is stored in the MyVideos##.db database. Unfortunately Bookmarks are not exported and are not easily transferred between systems.
Thank you! I'll give that a shot, then.

Shame about the bookmarks, but I suppose I don't have a ton in use. I'll survive.
Can you export a library from a firestick?
Maybe to a single file (which is problematic), but I'm fairly sure not to separate files in media folders (unless amazon does its permissions differently to google).
AFAIK kodi can only write to its own folder.
According to Karallen's link, single files should only be a problem if I have locally stored media, which I don't. Are there some additional issues with it I should consider first?
As I understand / remember it there are problems with artwork not showing up if your paths aren't identical (or if they ever change in the future) on the new device.  Given you're moving from one device to another there's nothing lost in trying  it, as long as you're aware of that limitation.
It's a long time since I've tried a single-file export though - hence the vagueness.
If it were me I'd copy the video library database directly rather than use the single file method though.  All that's necessary for that is to copy userdata/Database/myvideosxx.db (xx being the highest number present) and userdata/sources.xml from the old device to the new one.  That way your artwork paths stay the same (though they'll need to be re-cached).
Hey guys. I tried both styles of exporting, but it looks like this method only transfers data on which local videos I've watched. I mostly use Kodi for streaming, as the Fire Stick has very little storage (for anything local, I use Plex). So I was really hoping to get the watched videos data for my add-ons - I'd be satisfied with just YouTube if necessary. Would I have to ask in the YouTube add-on support thread for that?