Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to install CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition on KODI 18.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I have a Raspberry PI 3B running both OSMC 2019-04.1 over KODI 18.2-RC1 and Homebridge latest version.
I purchased a CyberPower UPS to protect my PI from power loss and I tryed to install the PowerPanel Personal Edition Software (from CyberPower) using their provided ".deb" file (tryed both 32b and 64b versions).  Here's what I did.
I downloaded the ".deb" file from CyberPower to my Windows PC;
I uploaded the deb file to my Raspberry using using the graphical tool of MobaXterm Personal Edition;
In my SSH session, I typed the following command:
sudo apt install ./nameofmydebfile.deb

After of few lines of encouraging messages, I finaly got error messages saying that this architecture is not supported.

Got this with both 32b i386 version and 64b amd version.
So it seems to me that the software is hardware dependent and does not support the ARM processor.

Do I get it right ?

So my real question is :
Has anybody ever succeeded at installing PowerPanel Personal Edition software on a Raspberry PI 3B running my OS ?

Thanks in advance for any clue.
Thread moved to the Pi section, although to be honest for such a question you'd be much better asking in the OSMC forums.
(2019-05-04, 15:51)RustedPro Wrote: [ -> ]Got this with both 32b i386 version and 64b amd version.
So it seems to me that the software is hardware dependent and does not support the ARM processor.

Yes, you need binary packages for the armhf architecture.
Ask your UPS vendor to provide a binary package or the source code.
In case they don't - get the refund.
(2019-05-04, 16:42)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Thread moved to the Pi section, although to be honest for such a question you'd be much better asking in the OSMC forums.

I'm new here and I thought that such a subject was more of KODI level than OSMC level.
Thanks for redirecting me.
(2019-05-04, 16:49)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 15:51)RustedPro Wrote: [ -> ]Got this with both 32b i386 version and 64b amd version.

Yes, you need binary packages for the armhf architecture.
Ask your UPS vendor to provide a binary package or the source code.
In case they don't - get the refund. 
Thanks for the cue.

I already sent a ticket to their support service.
I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Currently, they provide the software for "Linux kernel 2.6.12"
They offer choice between 32b and 64b, either in deb format, rpm format or tar.gz format.
..."
When I look at the file naming convention, the 32b versions is called "...132_i386" and the 64b is called "...132_amd64".
So, I guess they don't support "armhf" architecture ?
I would have expect such a software to be OS dependant only, not hardware dependant...

Do you think that I could have better chance with any of the other provided format ?
And by the way, I read that arm8 is 64b but the OS is 32 so I must really focus on 32b release, right ?

Thanks again.
(2019-05-05, 16:20)RustedPro Wrote: [ -> ]I would have expect such a software to be OS dependant only, not hardware dependant...

Do you think that I could have better chance with any of the other provided format ?
And by the way, I read that arm8 is 64b but the OS is 32 so I must really focus on 32b release, right ?

Thanks again. 
No. The binaries are built for an OS under specific hardware architecture.

No.

No. You need armhf which is "arm 32bit hardfloat".
(2019-05-05, 18:21)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-05, 16:20)RustedPro Wrote: [ -> ]I would have expect such a software to be OS dependant only, not hardware dependant...

Thanks again. 
No. The binaries are built for an OS under specific hardware architecture.

No.

No. You need armhf which is "arm 32bit hardfloat". 

Thank you very much.  I'll see what I can get from CyberPower Support.  They did not answer yet...
BTW what's your ups model?
There may be support in free packages already available in raspbian/OSMC,
check apcupsd or NUT (network ups tools - https://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/ ) .

However further questions about installing and configuring these packages are better asked at google Smile or your OS of choice forums because this is not related to Kodi at all.
(2019-05-07, 01:00)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]BTW what's your ups model?
There may be support in free packages already available in raspbian/OSMC,
check apcupsd or NUT (network ups tools - https://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/ ) .

However further questions about installing and configuring these packages are better asked at google Smile or your OS of choice forums because this is not related to Kodi at all.
My UPS model is CyberPower EC850LCD.
Today, CyperPower sent me a Linux User Manual saying that they haven't tested it on my platform...
I haven't looked at it deeply but there doesn't seem to be much instructions on how to install it but some references to std packages.
If their Linux User Manual does not allow me to solve the problem, I'll follow up on raspbian/OSMC forum.
Thanks for your help.