Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poster for tv shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It appears that with this skin, tv shows use fanart images instead of posters.
This would be fine except for the fact it appears it’s still trying to have the resolution in 1000x1500 where as the fanart is in 1920x1080 and makes the image look like terrible quality because it compresses it.
I’d love to still use the fanart images
How would I go about rectifying what resolution it’s trying to use?
What is the source of your shows.
(2019-05-06, 14:53)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]What is the source of your shows.

I download all my shows through kodi and it doesn’t matter whether I get the images from the folder that kodi has downloaded or whether I tell it to get the info from a scraper it still likes to bring up the fanart and with it being the wrong resolution compress it and make it look terrible
(2019-05-06, 16:17)Browny567 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-06, 14:53)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]What is the source of your shows.

I download all my shows through sonarr and it doesn’t matter whether I get the images from the folder that kodi has downloaded or whether I tell it to get the info from a scraper it still likes to bring up the fanart and with it being the wrong resolution compress it and make it look terrible

I put kodi and meant that i download my shows through sonarr.
It’s worth noting that movies don’t have the issue i’m having, that uses posters done and the quality looks fine as it’s the correct resolution
But it’s tv shows specifically that are using fanart and it not liking the resolution.
If I swap to the default skin for kodi then tv shows use posters and it all looks okay.
TV show widgets have a 16:9 fanart and not 1000x1500 (which is a poster aspect ratio). Fanarts and landscape arts are downscaled fine as you can see in the screenshots. Check your assigned artworks.
(2019-05-06, 20:48)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]TV show widgets have a 16:9 fanart and not 1000x1500 (which is a poster aspect ratio). Fanarts and landscape arts are downscaled fine as you can see in the screenshots. Check your assigned artworks.

Except I just told you that the Images 1920x1080 which is 16:9 and yet I have the terrible quality even though the images themselves are great quality?
(2019-05-06, 20:48)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]TV show widgets have a 16:9 fanart and not 1000x1500 (which is a poster aspect ratio). Fanarts and landscape arts are downscaled fine as you can see in the screenshots. Check your assigned artworks.

I also cannot see any screenshots?
Everything is fine on all of my devices. I have no control about the Kodi image algorythm https://imgur.com/a/r3eJYh9#JNjJ5w7
@Browny567

Some screenshots will be useful.

1. Screenshot of Kodi showing the problem
2. Screenshot of your movie folder so we can clearly see all the files in the folder.
(2019-05-07, 00:30)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Browny567

Some screenshots will be useful.

1. Screenshot of Kodi showing the problem
2. Screenshot of your movie folder so we can clearly see all the files in the folder.
so i've done some playing around and come to the conclussion it is something with the widgets
as you'll see from the screen shots the widget/thumbnail for the shows is poor, i am using the simpsons as the main example
however you will see that the background fanart (which is using the same image) is perfectly fine and that the imaged saved on the drive is good quailty

anyone have any ideas?

(2019-05-09, 10:53)Browny567 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone have any ideas?

Yes, better use the i-button next time in the forum editor, it's uploads and displays your image automagically. Smile
That's not normal. The Kodi downscaling is poor, but this is terrible.
Do you have an advancedsettings.xml configured? If yes, please post us the content. A log is maybe helpful, too.
(2019-05-09, 12:37)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's not normal. The Kodi downscaling is poor, but this is terrible.
Do you have an advancedsettings.xml configured? If yes, please post us the content. A log is maybe helpful, too.
i didn't have any advanced settings when i first saw the issue i have only tried playing with some of it to try and fix the issue and have since deleted it

here is the contents of my log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qukudofiwi.kodi
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-05-09, 13:08)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
apologies didn't even realise i still had some of that stuff there.
believe i have deleted all the banned addons
if there are more i have missed please let me know which ones so i can remove them.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ivewehuwaj.kodi
Pages: 1 2 3