Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All videos freeze Kodi since upgrade to 18.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been using 17.6 rock solid stable for ages, but since upgrading to 18.2 any kind of video playback causes Kodi to freeze. I've tried SD, HD, local files and youtube. All exactly the same. With debug enabled I can see the memory stats ticking away in the corner then as soon as I click on the video everything freezes. 

Music works fine and I dropped back to the Kodibuntu desktop and installed VLC which could play videos fine. At least that meant I could watch Game of Thrones so I wasn't searching for a new girlfriend as well as a fix for Kodi!

Past below. Any help greatly appreciated :-)

https://paste.kodi.tv/ixodasenuq.kodi
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-05-07, 21:55)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I've done a search on all add-ons against the list of banned items and the only match I could find was between the banned repository and the skin "titan v3.7.56". I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I will uninstall Titan later and resubmit a log file.
The titan skin is fine - there's a different build which is the banned addon (wiki) there.

The problematic item is the repo that you mention:

2019-05-07 19:57:27.655 T:139921285347712 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed
You have:

2019-05-07 19:57:27.655 T:139921285347712 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed

installed. Remove that please

For your issue...you are using pretty old hardware with a pretty old NVidia driver. Are you sure that there's no newer driver available. For a test could you also please try disabling VDPAU completely so that everything is done via CPU. And please test with a real file and not with a Youtube-stream. The log you provided above shows that VideoPlayer just plays a Youtube video and no local files or anything like that.
Banned repo has been deleted and a new log uploaded.

https://paste.kodi.tv/hahuxubaho.kodi

I disabled VDPAU and videos played, but with occasional 100% CPU, dropped frames, audio sync etc. When I turned VDPAU back on I used the default settings which had acceleration disabled for MPEG-4 video. Tried playing the same video and it crashed as before.

Perhaps drivers are the issue, I'm just a bit surprised as I would have thought that v17.6 and 18.2 would be using the same drivers in the same way, perhaps not.
(2019-05-08, 14:13)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]You have:

installed. Remove that please

For your issue...you are using pretty old hardware with a pretty old NVidia driver. Are you sure that there's no newer driver available. For a test could you also please try disabling VDPAU completely so that everything is done via CPU. And please test with a real file and not with a Youtube-stream. The log you provided above shows that VideoPlayer just plays a Youtube video and no local files or anything like that.

Looks like I'm running Nvidia driver v304, but the latest available shows as v384. Would you recommend upgrading?
v384 is for newer Nvidia cards. For ION, I think the 340.x drivers are the newest you can use.
(2019-05-10, 00:04)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]v384 is for newer Nvidia cards. For ION, I think the 340.x drivers are the newest you can use.

Upgraded to v340.107 and working fine now with VDPAU enabled. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Thread marked solved.