Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicating Drives for Another System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a working system (Windows, Leia 18.1) with several hard drives and over 1,000 HD movies. I have organized these with manually created sets.

I want to duplicate these drives for another system. I see that set information is contained in the NFO files, but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system? I know I can control the the behavior on an export, but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
I am not really following the question.

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]I see that set information is contained in the NFO files,
Correct

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system
How? Why? Kodi does not delete files.

(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
It will scrape it using the scrapers.

If you are transferring your library, ensure you use the Separate Files method.
(2019-05-08, 06:47)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I am not really following the question.
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]I see that set information is contained in the NFO files,
Correct
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]but I wonder if that nfo file will get wiped out when updating the library on a different system
How? Why? Kodi does not delete files.
(2019-05-08, 06:18)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]but what about when a system sees a new video that isn't yet in the KODI library?
It will scrape it using the scrapers.

If you are transferring your library, ensure you use the Separate Files method. 
I made copies of drives from my main system. Each movie is in its own folder, which includes an nfo file generated by a previous export. There are about 1000 movies.
I want to take these disk copies and ADD them to another system. It's a working system with an existing library.
When I run Update library on the new system, I'm wondering if the SET information (User-created sets) that exists in the NFO files will appear in the KODI library? I don't want to have to manually add 1000 movies to new sets.
The <set> tag should be in the nfo files.
The movie nfo is related to the movie, not its video file.

You could do a transfer testdrive of one or two movie sets, and see if that works out okay.
(2019-05-08, 09:55)hurricane51 Wrote: [ -> ]When I run Update library on the new system, I'm wondering if the SET information (User-created sets) that exists in the NFO files will appear in the KODI library? I don't want to have to manually add 1000 movies to new sets.
If the .nfo has set information kodi will read it.
I tested it and, indeed, KODI picks up the set info and it shows in the library. Thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.