Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Freezing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All, 

Board: Raspberry Pi3b+
SD Card: Microcenter 32GB
Cooling: Passive
OC: replicated with small memory/gpu oc (found this helps the menu system when movie is playing) and without.

Topic says it all and it is vague... But i was able to finally replicate the freeze and hopefully someone could help me out.
It appears that the system will lock to a black screen if I am running a background procress (such as a refresh lib) and back out of a playing video (movie, aerial screensaver).  Exact steps i was doing at this time were doing a library rebuild with PlexKodiConncet and the Aerial screensaver came on at the same time.  I have had this issue with other videos playing and it appears to happen also when IO is happening on the system.

I am able to ssh into the box.

I have the last few lines of a log that i was able to catch, by putting the system into debug mode and repeating the crash. I will include the last couple of seconds, since that seems to be what might be relevant.

https://paste.kodi.tv/idubegalal.kodi
Can you replicate with all the OC reverted to defaults? That is the first test that should be conducted.
(2019-05-08, 19:13)ActionA Wrote: [ -> ]Can you replicate with all the OC reverted to defaults? That is the first test that should be conducted.

I was able to create the same crash with and without the OC.
What power supply are you using?
(2019-05-08, 18:45)phin586 Wrote: [ -> ]I will include the last couple of seconds, since that seems to be what might be relevant.

How thoughtful, but not very practical. We prefer full, uncut/unedited debug log (wiki) files. Errors or problems can start at any moment.
(2019-05-09, 13:32)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]What power supply are you using?

Whichever came with my CanaKit