Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: avi/mkv playback, killed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did a install with the latest build today, 13790, with this build, playing avi(xvid), mkv(720p/1080p) starts off fine then after 3sec kicks me back to the gui again.
Same thing happens with packed/unpacked avi/mkv.
DVD, packed, works fine.

All files plays from smb share, all was fine before update.

Found in the log:

Quote:23:25:51 T:2853075856 M:935297024 ERROR: Read - Error( Bad file descriptor )
And so on.
The avi files plays fine on the xbox but not on Ubuntu

Anyone with something similar?
Update:
Reinstalled xbmc again, working if i just added media source from SMB.
Restarted xbmc and did the rest of the setup of the gui.
Avi/mkv playback fail, wtf!
Deleted guisetting.xml and tested again, working, strange.
Loaded Journeyman avi and browsed for external subtitle(smb share) playback ended after i had choosen the *.sub and returned to the episod.
I then tested to add external sub source(smb share) in the movie setup gui.
Loaded same EP of Journeyman, fail

Verdict seems too bee that something is broken with external subtitles, it has worked before.

Btw. tested mkv, 720/1080p and that is working too.

My smb shares dont have spaces or odd character in there name, clean shares so too speak.
Strange behavior Wink
Yeah, i will do some more testing before i try too make a debug post.
Tested yesterday to have a *.mkv unpacked with matching *.sub in the same folder from SMB share, that worked just fine.
But some more testing tonight when the telly is free Wink
Hi,

I'm very new to xbmc and hope this is the right place to be asking this question.

I'm not able to play all avi files. I have some that I've downloaded and others taken from my sony handycam and created with windows movie maker. The ones from windows movie maker don't play. The others all play fine. (also dvr-ms files are a bit jerky and have pixellation and few moments)

Any clues?

Thanks,
Wayne.