Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crash while playing movie on NVIDIA Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

yesterday, I made a clean fresh install of Kodi 18.2 on my NVIDIA Shield TV. When I watched a movie in the evening, Kodi crashed after ~13 minutes.

I have the kodi.log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/wabelarubo.kodi

Greetings from Germany,
Michael
(2019-05-10, 07:25)Ogrim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

yesterday, I made a clean fresh install of Kodi 18.2 on my NVIDIA Shield TV. When I watched a movie in the evening, Kodi crashed after ~13 minutes.

Greetings from Germany,
Michael

I have same problem but it's random. Generally I can watch a full movie but sometimes happens that, during playback, video freeze and Kodi crash (Kodi closed automatically).
I never provide a Debug Log since, in my case, it's totally random.
(2019-05-10, 13:41)outcave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-10, 07:25)Ogrim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Greetings from Germany,
Michael

I have same problem but it's random. Generally I can watch a full movie but sometimes happens that, during playback, video freeze and Kodi crash (Kodi closed automatically).
I never provide a Debug Log since, in my case, it's totally random. 

I also have the same problem... but haven't generated a log to report... aghhh, I should get to it.
(2019-05-10, 07:25)Ogrim Wrote: [ -> ]I have the kodi.log here:

2019-05-09 20:36:58.277 T:5671 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Standard settings don't help us much, we need the more detailed log version.
At least enable the Debugging setting in the Kodi GUI, or do it via the advancedsettings.xml file, RESTART Kodi, play the problem video.
If Kodi crashes, then get us the kodi.log file. Or, if Kodi already restarted, get us the kodi.old.log file.
Go to developer settings on the Shield and increase the buffer logger to e.g. maximum.
That‘s it!
All my before changings in Windows, SMB, LAN/Ethernet, Firewall, Registry adjustments were for nothing; roll them back.
Since I increased the buffer logger value in the Shield, I had no crashes with Kodi.
I received the tip in an other forum.
(2019-08-29, 10:40)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to developer settings on the Shield and increase the buffer logger to e.g. maximum.

How does one get to these settings?
(2019-08-30, 01:36)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-29, 10:40)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to developer settings on the Shield and increase the buffer logger to e.g. maximum.

How does one get to these settings? 
Go to the Shield Menu, scroll down to "build" and press 10 times until it activates the developer mode
That‘s it!
All my before changings in Windows, SMB, LAN/Ethernet, Firewall, Registry adjustments were for nothing; roll them back.
Since I increased the buffer logger value in the Shield, I had no crashes with Kodi.
I received the tip in an other forum.

This does nothing for me. I might just factory reset.