Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Files are changing when accessing videos through Linux NFS shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have NFS shares, shared on Ubuntu 18.04 with export entry like this:
/pathto/video 192.168.x.x(ro,all_squash,insecure,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)

Videos are loading, but it seems that they're changed a bit (so my .torrent shares are getting broken, like 1 block in the whole torrent file). I don't know how it's possible for file to be changed through read only share, and I don't know if maybe file permissions, date accessed are maybe cnhanged, but I don't think that would affect data itself, so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

Anyone experienced similar?
Broken hard disk?

Kodi cannot write into read only nfs shares ... certainly has to be something else on the server side.
I'm very much in doubt that HDD is broken because such thing is happening only on shares, + SMART monitoring is OK. But thanks for opinion.
(2019-05-11, 10:15)trancephorm Wrote: [ -> ]so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

And that is Kodi's problem .. how?

As stated, it's a read-only share. The only things that Kodi ever writes, are subtitle files, and nfo files and/or various fanart during a video export. Other than that, video or music files are never rewritten/changed in any way.
Thread moved to the Hardware section.
(2019-05-11, 13:06)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-11, 10:15)trancephorm Wrote: [ -> ]so the torrent client tells me there is a broken piece.

And that is Kodi's problem .. how?

As stated, it's a read-only share. The only things that Kodi ever writes, are subtitle files, and nfo files and/or various fanart during a video export. Other than that, video or music files are never rewritten/changed in any way. 
Thanks, actuallz I just wanted to check whether Kodi makes some changes to files played.