Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scan local files to MySQL with smb filepaths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've tried my best using Google Fu to find an answer to my question but with no lucj.

I'm using MySQL to share my database between my Kodi boxes. The thing is I'm running a headless-kodi instance which has local file access to my files so I'd like for this instance to scan the files to the MySQL database but instead of writing local file paths for the files, use the SMB paths that the other Kodi boxes will use in sources.xml.
This would save on LAN bandwidth and speed up the scanning progress significantly since it doesn't have to go through the network share.

I thought this might be possible with path substition but I can't figure out where exactly I would put it (sources.xml or advancedsettings.xml?) and how.
Maybe what I'm looking for just isn't possible but thought I'd at least give it a try.

Thanks in advance. Smile
I think the easiest thing to do is just create an SMB source on the headless Kodi (even if it’s pointing to the SMB on the local machine) and then scan everything in. That’s what I do with my Windows machine that is both my DVR and a Kodi instance.