Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple "sources" of a movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have two versions of a movie: DVD and Laserdisc.

With default settings, TMM wants to put them in the same folder, because it only puts movie name, "edition", and year in the folder name.

When I do this, the NFO/poster/fanart/banner/logo/clearlogo/thumb files collide with each other.

TMM's settings allow me to name the NFO/poster/fanart according to the movie filename, which fixes the collision for those, but banner/logo/clearlogo/thumb are still colliding.

What's the recommended solution here?
  • Having TMM put the "Source" type (e.g. DVD) in the folder name of all my movies seems heavy-handed.
  • Picking an "edition" for one of them would be unsatisfying and/or misleading.

This is now a hypothetical question, as I'm currently re-sourcing it since the only reason I'm carrying them both around is that the DVD version is 4:3 while the LD is widescreen.
It would be logical to put the source to the folder renamer pattern to create a unique folder name for different "versions" of the same movie..
(2019-05-13, 09:29)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]It would be logical to put the source to the folder renamer pattern to create a unique folder name for different "versions" of the same movie..

It would solve the problem, yes, but would be unsatisfying because it would result in *all* movies in my library (except those with no source type) having the source type in their folder names - unless I want to take the extra effort of swapping naming schemes as needed.