Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music search in Estuary not working after upgrade to v18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a large music library, so I used to search for song titles using the 'Search' function on the left side menu.
Now, since upgrading to v18, it never returns anything.

Here is a debug log of a search:
https://pastebin.com/tm7W0iQe

If anyone has any ideas of why this is not working, please let me know. Thanks.
@jbrid

Which screen are you on when you pull out the left sideblade menu? Screenshot will be good.

Also maybe something here may answer the question... Advanced_library_filtering (wiki)
(2019-05-15, 02:37)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@jbrid

Which screen are you on when you pull out the left sideblade menu? Screenshot will be good.

Also maybe something here may answer the question... Advanced_library_filtering (wiki)
I am on the initial Music screen with the high-level categories - Genre, Artist, Album, etc.
Just did some further testing and found it is something to do with the skin, Estuary. I performed the same steps with Aeon Nox and the search worked properly. Any idea why that would be? Confused
(2019-05-15, 02:50)jbrid Wrote: [ -> ]I am on the initial Music screen with the high-level categories - Genre, Artist, Album, etc.
That looks like an incorrectly named Filter. Maybe @ronie might know better.

Using the Search Icon on the home page of Estuary, which uses Global Search add-on, and it works correctly.

I see that it does work in Aeon Nox, but have not looked at code to see why.
Search in music lib from sideblade works fine in Confluenece too. This seems to be an Estuary specific issue, but I don't know enough about the skin to see what is broken.
Not sure what the reason for it is in Estuary but that 'Search' button is actually the 'Filter' button (ID=9), whereas the 'Search' button is ID=8. You can see this in Confluence because they're both shown in the side menu.
Thanks very much team-kodi!