Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install different versions of Kodi via the command line within PI3 Raspbian stretch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright guys,

I have been searching and searching for the correct commands to install specific versions of Kodi for example

Sudo apt install Kodi installs the latest version

But for testing i would like to have older versions available can this be done ??

Any advice would be appreciated

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have been searching for hours lol
(2019-05-17, 12:22)Antohind Wrote: [ -> ]Alright guys,

I have been searching and searching for the correct commands to install specific versions of Kodi for example

Sudo apt install Kodi installs the latest version

But for testing i would like to have older versions available can this be done ??

Any advice would be appreciated

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have been searching for hours lol

Sorry just to add I have Raspbian stretch build on PI3 not the libre elec install as i am also running it as a TVheadend server also
You can downgrade/install previous Kodi versions as you do with any other package with apt. For example:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/138284/h...ia-apt-get

Keep in mind that you will need to downgrade "kodi" and "kodi-bin" packages at least and possibly some dependencies, keep a look at apt output. You may need to downgrade the binary addon packages if you have any installed.