Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob setup guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

forgive my basic question.....

I wish to stream downloaded files from my pc to my tv, i have tried plex and it works perfectly but is a little unstable, hence i am trying kodi

I have windows 10 with movies & tv shows and installed the latest kodi
i have a android tv, installed kodi and added connection to my PC via upnp

i have managed to pick up some movies but only when browsing files, there's no nice library menu

i am therefore looking for a end to end instructions on how to link them up?

i have looked at the wiki and you tube and not found anything useful

any help is appreciated
(2019-05-18, 19:48)mambo1701 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

I wish to stream downloaded files from my pc to my tv, i have tried plex and it works perfectly but is a little unstable, hence i am trying kodi

i have managed to pick up some movies but only when browsing files, there's no nice library menu

any help is appreciated
Read and follow the steps here -> https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
(2019-05-18, 23:05)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-18, 19:48)mambo1701 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

any help is appreciated
Read and follow the steps here -> https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

Many thanks for the reply, unfortunately this wasn’t what I was looking for, the library works fine on my pc, but it doesn’t work at all on the tv, there doesn’t appear to be anything to explain how to set it up correctly
upnp is file mode only, it doesn't support library usage (the missing "nice library menu" stuff).

If you share the files from your PC using SMB or NFS then you can access them using that protocol from Kodi and you should get everything.

A quick web search should give you what you need to know for sharing files from Windows 10 via SMB.
(2019-05-19, 14:09)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]upnp is file mode only, it doesn't support library usage (the missing "nice library menu" stuff).

If you share the files from your PC using SMB or NFS then you can access them using that protocol from Kodi and you should get everything.

A quick web search should give you what you need to know for sharing files from Windows 10 via SMB.

Thanks Darren