Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 20-30 second delay when opening TvShows or Movies section on Vero 4k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over on the OSMC forums a number of users are reporting the same issue on the Vero 4k and 4k+ when using the Rapier skin.
No other functionality seems to be affected and the general consensus among those of using the Vero and your skin is that no other skins seems to give us what Rapier does.

With that said, is there any specific info we can provide to see if this is a specific issue related to using the Vero 4k along with the Rapier skin?

Users on the OSMC board have reported that switching to other skins seems to resolve the issue but again, we'd prefer to stick with this skin yet I've not seen any reports of the skin with this behavior on other devices.

The current thread is here:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/newbie-slow-ui/80278

Just thought I'd post here in case you have any ideas or suggestions for us.

Thanks
(2019-05-19, 21:20)Temujin Wrote: [ -> ]Over on the OSMC forums a number of users are reporting the same issue on the Vero 4k and 4k+ when using the Rapier skin.
No other functionality seems to be affected and the general consensus among those of using the Vero and your skin is that no other skins seems to give us what Rapier does.

With that said, is there any specific info we can provide to see if this is a specific issue related to using the Vero 4k along with the Rapier skin?

Users on the OSMC board have reported that switching to other skins seems to resolve the issue but again, we'd prefer to stick with this skin yet I've not seen any reports of the skin with this behavior on other devices.

The current thread is here:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/newbie-slow-ui/80278

Just thought I'd post here in case you have any ideas or suggestions for us.

Thanks
I can echo this experience. I went as far as to turn off all views but the one I'm currently using and it still takes quite a long time to load the TV and Movies (18+ seconds). Happy to help troubleshoot as Rapier is by far my preferred skin.
A Debug Log which captures the delay will help.
(2019-05-20, 04:24)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]A Debug Log which captures the delay will help.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ozobebilob.kodi

Switched from Movies to TV to Movies again. Hopefully it's useful. I had to try a few times as the log quickly grew to just over 1MB, preventing a copy/paste into the log service.
FYI, I tried disabling all other views across the board except for the view I use and it now takes 5 seconds instead of 30. Did this for music, TV shows, movies ...
Do any of you experiencing delays use Kodi 19 Matrix?

I'm currently cleaning up views and coding things from scratch to significantly speed up things.

I really need testers.
(2019-08-08, 19:25)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Do any of you experiencing delays use Kodi 19 Matrix?

I'm currently cleaning up views and coding things from scratch to significantly speed up things.

I really need testers.

The Vero is a Kodi set top box, so I don't think there are public pre-release builds, but will inquire. Happy to help test if I can.
Ah, I see. Smile
(2019-08-09, 11:00)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see. Smile

Apologies for the slow reply. They do have a testing channel, but my relationship with my wife has become dependent on kodi working, so I'm not your guy. I'll post over in the Vero forums though and see if I can't rustle up some testers for you.
Really appreciate it!

I'm rewriting all views, cleaning up code and generally optimizing the skin.

Stuff will break, I'll probably overlook minor details.
So testers are really needed.

This will only be fir Rapier v12.