Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi is not starting, audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac not found ? How possible ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi18 is not starting:
The logfile is reporting that the "audioencoder.kodi.builtin.acc" addon is not installed or enabled, and the Cservicemamager then is failing. 
I have spent the whole weekend checking all path and access rights, no success.
Some hints in forums advise to delete the Addons27.db, which will automatically rebuild at startup (obviously it can get corrupted occasionally), doesn`t help.
See kodi.log attached, any advise appreciated ... I`m out of ideas actually.

Kodi.log
Try with a version from our PPAs
(2019-05-20, 09:19)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]Try with a version from our PPAs
thanks for replying so rapidly.
But to use a PPA will not work as the platform is a NAS system of QNAP. All apps are to be installed by qpkg.
Is there no further way to debug such a strange behavior?
In that case you have to check how that qpkg is built and why the addon data is missing.
(2019-05-20, 11:10)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]In that case you have to check how that qpkg is built and why the addon data is missing.
I have checked that, all addons are there and in the correct path, 151 items. 
Is there a way to let Kodi avoid loading addons at startup ? Is there a config file specifiying which one will be loaded ?
so /opt/Kodi18/share/kodi/addons/audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac/addon.xml exists?
Yes it definitely exist. 
I rebooted the NAS and tried to start Kodi again, 2 more lines at the very end of the logfile:

INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/opt/lib/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'

then the logfile closes as before with:
FATAL: addon 'audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac' not installed or not enabled.
FATAL: CServiceManager::InitStageTwo: Unable to start CAddonMgr

In fact there are two symlinks used in order to get to addon.xml:
~opt to "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng", then in Entware-ng there is another symlink ~Kodi18 to " /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/opt/"

but these links do work properly, as 
[/] # cat /opt/Kodi18/share/kodi/addons/audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac/addon.xml
is providing:

<kodi/addons/audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac/addon.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac"
  version="1.0.0"
  name="AAC encoder"
  provider-name="spiff">
  <extension
    point="kodi.audioencoder"
    extension=".m4a"
    library_linux="dummy.so"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary lang="en">AAC Audio Encoder</summary>
    <description lang="en">AAC is a set of codecs designed to provide better compression than MP3s, and are improved versions of MPEG audio.</description>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

So I really don't understand what is going on here. How can it be that Kodi cannot access files that in fact do exist...
and b.t.w. also 
cat /opt/Kodi18/lib/kodi/addons/audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac/addon.xml
is providing the same output, as the QPKG is installing the addons in both of the directories.
I'm sorry, but it's impossible to diagnose this without a lot more info. There is likely some issue with the way the package is built (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/opt/ seems pretty dubious), but without access to the hardware I can't help. Who provides this package?
The package is delivered by Qnapclup Store, as it is a QNAP NAS platform where qpkg is the common format to install applications.
That´s also why this strange path that you have spotted, "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/" is platform specific for QNAP platforms.
As I said, in order to stay compatible, the package is also providing two symlinks:
a) from / there is "~opt" to "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Entware-ng"
b)  then in "Entware-ng" there is "~Kodi18" to " /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/opt/"
I understand you need more details, and I´m ready to supply what is needed. The package must work as a lot of other users confirm, just I don´t know what is wrong in my case.
Besides the debug option in advancesettings.xml that I already configured, is there anything more I can do to generate debugging logs ? A commandline switch to kodi-x11 e.g. ?
why don't you open an issue at qnapclub. Whoever builds this should be able to help you.
ok, will continue then with the Qnapclub team. Thanks anyway for your efforts!