Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18.2 Database->streamdetails broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I noticed a significant change in how the database table streamdetails in Kodi 18.2 is being used. I use Kodi with a central MySQL DB (MariaDB on a QNAP device).

Prior to 18.2 all available streams of a media file have been stored in the table streamdetails. Now, only the video and one (the last used after playing the file)  audio stream will be stored in streamdetails. No subtitles and no additional audio streams are present for files being scrapped and played by Kodi 18.2. If you are used to have video files with several audio streams and subtitles, this is anoying, especially when you use some self developed code to query those information from the database.

Furtermore the aspect ratio is set to "0" for such files in streamdetails. There is another thread dealing with that problem.

I can't believe, that this is a planned feature, so I asume a new bug in 18.2.

Cheers,
Zap
(2019-05-21, 13:44)zaphod42 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

I noticed a significant change in how the database table streamdetails in Kodi 18.2 is being used. I use Kodi with a central MySQL DB (MariaDB on a QNAP device).

Prior to 18.2 all available streams of a media file have been stored in the table streamdetails. Now, only the video and one (the last used after playing the file) audio stream will be stored in streamdetails. No subtitles and no additional audio streams are present for files being scrapped and played by Kodi 18.2. If you are used to have video files with several audio streams and subtitles, this is anoying, especially when you use some self developed code to query those information from the database.

Furtermore the aspect ratio is set to "0" for such files in streamdetails. There is another thread dealing with that problem.

I can't believe, that this is a planned feature, so I asume a new bug in 18.2.

Cheers,
Zap
I have the same problem. I am not sure, but it doesn't seem to be fixed: Thread from end of March
(2019-05-23, 16:14)hermann_x5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-21, 13:44)zaphod42 Wrote: [ -> ] 
I have the same problem. I am not sure, but it doesn't seem to be fixed: Thread from end of March  
Yes, same problem. For me and my self written Web-App, I mitigated it by using ffmpeg/ffprobe instead of quering table streamdetails to get all available streams.
(2019-06-28, 10:43)zaphod42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-23, 16:14)hermann_x5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-21, 13:44)zaphod42 Wrote: [ -> ] 
I have the same problem. I am not sure, but it doesn't seem to be fixed: Thread from end of March 
Yes, same problem. For me and my self written Web-App, I mitigated it by using ffmpeg/ffprobe instead of quering table streamdetails to get all available streams. 
Is it still not fixed ? I have not checked in the last months...I mitigate it by reading the nfo (I always use external scrapers as I am very particular with my meta data). Not ideal, but it works. But it should be fixed Smile