Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to set up an External Player as I have a R-Box 4K which had a fork of 16.1 (RKMC) with hardware acceleration for the rock chip. With the proper Kodi versions 17+ installed the video is choppy/sound lags etc. Hence I'm now trying to use something like VLC media player or MX Player Free with the latest 18.2 Leia version.

Have created the playercorefactory.xml in the userdata folder as perĀ https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_extern...on_Android and when I try to play a video file I get the box saying "External Player Active - Click "ok" when playback has ended" with the "OK" button but what do I do then?? Is the external player supposed to open up and play the video automatically because it's not. Nothing happens! If I click "OK" in the "External Player Active" box it just goes back to the screen showing the file I was trying to play.

If I select "Play using..." from the centext menu the same thing happens. The only one that plays the file is the one called "VideoPlayer" which I assume is the inbuilt kodi player(?) - this is the one that's choppy on my R-Box hence I'm trying to use an external player instead as playing the video files through mx player/VLC media player are fine.

Why can't I get the external player to launch? I have MX Player free and VLC player installed. I've also restarted my device.

TIA