Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback issue on Shield TV - movie remains in the background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to the fourm
I bought a Shield TV (v 2017) one month ago, to replace a Wetek Play2 (I used it booting from a LibreELEC microSD).
The Shield is connected to a 4K full capable AVR (Marantz NR 1607) and then to a 4K Sony TV.
I'm using basically the Shield for Kodi, using as media source a Synology NAS. My media library contains several movies , 80% with 1080p video resolution, 20% with 4K video resolution, all of them  multichannel audio streams (DTS, DTS-MA, Dolby Atmos). From the audio and video perspective, no problem at all.
The only (but very important...) issue is that very often, expecially after a pause-resume of the playback, the video goes in the background. Very often the progress bar (after resuming the playback) doesn't disappear and ther's no way to hide it.
I use the option "Show Information" when a movie is selected from the Library (from the home screen widget or selecting from a list), and when I press the "Play" button, sometimes the movie starts behind the "information" screen.

The isssue occurs playing contents of every video type (SD, HD, 4K) and having every audio stream types (AAC, DD, DTS, Atmos, ecc.).

Is it a skin issue or a Kodi bug?
I run the last released version Leia 18.2. No external addons except the basic ones provides by kodi repository (Universal Movie Scraper, Backup, Node Editor and few more).

I try also to install nightly builds of 18.3 but the problem remains.
Still not made any tests with other skins (I like the Estuary default one and I wouldn't change it.....

Tonight I will try to enable debug log and try to post a log.
What's the suggested section in the forum to post it?

Thanks in advance
Andrea
Hi 
I successfully reproduce the issue.
Here's my kodi log :

https://paste.kodi.tv/wiyizukuku

Hope this can help to identify and solve the issue
Thanks in advance
Andrea