Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Crashes Occasionally on Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

So, Kodi crashed on me again when I was watching a movie, so then I decided to turn on logging and continue watching... as soon as I started the movie (after turning on logging) kodi crashed.

Here is the log from the crash when starting the movie.
If I remember correcty, this crash caused the Shield to reboot.

I then tried to reopen Kodi and it crashed on open.

Here is the log from the 2nd crash on open.
This time it just crashed to the main menu...

I hope someone can help. It seems to crash randomly...

Thanks!
So, my playback just crashed, but to the Kodi menu this time (Kodi didn't crash, just playback).
I could only upload the last 30-40% of the log as it was too big.

Here is the log for this one.
Is there anyone that can analyze my logs?
Looks like the Skin you are using (Eminence) is causing some issues. Try using the default Skin and see if you have the same issue.
one of the errors...
ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexkodiconnect/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

Appears to be Plexkodiconnect.

So I take it you are streaming from a Plex Server?
(2019-06-12, 23:39)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]one of the errors...
ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plexkodiconnect/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

Appears to be Plexkodiconnect.

So I take it you are streaming from a Plex Server?
Yes, streaming from a local plex server with direct paths. PlexKodiConnect passes the SMB share location to Kodi to play the files directly.