Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skyworth Binge Android Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I own that box.

I downloaded Kodi for Netflix. It works fine, but......

In netflix it shows that the video can stream at 1080p (Video Info when you select something to watch.). But when I select the video, my video quality defaults to 520 SD quality, upscaled to 1080p. No matter what series or movie I choose that is 1080p compatible, it always auto switches video quality to 520 SD, upscaled to my TV resolution which is 1080p. And NOTHING I do allows me to adjust the resolution to what I want it to be, the option is greyed out for me. As a matter of fact the option to adjust my res as I want it is also greyed out in the Kodi player settings itself.

Though the option is greyed out, it is set to 1080p @ 30FPS (Or 24 FPS, not sure), but I can not change it otherwise. It is set to that Video quality and there it remains. BUT as I said, even though that is the quality it is set to, even in the player itself, the actual movies and series plays at 520 SD rather than 1080p which it is set to play.

In my Android box it is set to run everything in 1080p
In my Android box it is set to Auto switch from SDR to HDR automaticly
In my Android box it is set to NEVER switch from HDR to SDR
(2019-05-28, 22:25)Sparky862 Wrote: [ -> ]As the title says, I own that box.

I downloaded Kodi for Netflix. It works fine, but......

In netflix it shows that the video can stream at 1080p (Video Info when you select something to watch.). But when I select the video, my video quality defaults to 520 SD quality, upscaled to 1080p. No matter what series or movie I choose that is 1080p compatible, it always auto switches video quality to 520 SD, upscaled to my TV resolution which is 1080p. And NOTHING I do allows me to adjust the resolution to what I want it to be, the option is greyed out for me. As a matter of fact the option to adjust my res as I want it is also greyed out in the Kodi player settings itself.

Though the option is greyed out, it is set to 1080p @ 30FPS (Or 24 FPS, not sure), but I can not change it otherwise. It is set to that Video quality and there it remains. BUT as I said, even though that is the quality it is set to, even in the player itself, the actual movies and series plays at 520 SD rather than 1080p which it is set to play.

In my Android box it is set to run everything in 1080p
In my Android box it is set to Auto switch from SDR to HDR automaticly
In my Android box it is set to NEVER switch from HDR to SDR

Also, take note I am using the standard HDMI cable the Android Box came with if that will make any diffrence in this. It is not Gold Plated or Braided cable. It is just a normal black plate with a black cable.