Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping - Blank Info Template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there such a thing as a blank info template that can be used when scraping?

for example, i have several movies that i've made from joining lots of a different clips together, montages if you will, that i've name "surfing montage", "handmade montage", etc... when i scrape the folder containing these movie files i can't get an "info" page to attach to these files which would allow me to add my own fanart, instead i have search for a similarly themed movie and then edit that info page... of course i'm left with actors that having nothing to do with my file and a name that doesn't quite work either.

so i guess i'm asking, how can i create an info page, which will allow me to add my own fanart (poster & background images), for my custom files?

thanks!
You need a NFO File for the data... NFO_file (wiki). There are sample templates there. Just copy and edit the data

Save your artwork locally... Artwork (wiki) Look at the images, which show correctly named and saved items.

The artwork page will also detail how to save Actors images.
(2019-05-29, 03:33)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You need a NFO File for the data... NFO_file (wiki). There are sample templates there. Just copy and edit the data

Save your artwork locally... Artwork (wiki) Look at the images, which show correctly named and saved items.

The artwork page will also detail how to save Actors images.

thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction... took a look, seems like too much of a learning curve for a handful of files, think i'll just try to scrape movies with similar names and then just add my poster and background art.... speaking of which, is there a way to edit the movies name after it's scraped?

i thought i might be able to do it using the "manage" option in the context menu, but as i posted in another thread that option does not appear in my context menu, apparently it's the same case for at least one other kodi user.
(2019-05-29, 04:13)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]seems like too much of a learning curve for a handful of files
Sure? If you are already adding your own artwork as you stated, "and then just add my poster and background art....", then half the effort is done. All that is left to do is save your nfo file in the same location.

Do one, and you will realise how quick and easy it is.

(2019-05-29, 04:13)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to edit the movies name after it's scraped?
Yes, through the Context Menu... in Manage.
Karellen Wrote:Sure? If you are already adding your own artwork as you stated, "and then just add my poster and background art....", then half the effort is done. All that is left to do is save your nfo file in the same location. Do one, and you will realise how quick and easy it is.
discovered that i can create an nfo file that just includes <title> and <filenameandpath> info and save it with the same name as my movie file - once done, i'll get a blank info page when i select my movie, and from there i can just quickly add my fanart using the info page's "choose art" option, rather than trying to add the art path to each nfo file... of course if i want to go fancier i can add plot info and a host of other details to the nfo file, but i don't need that for my purposes... anyway, thanks for coaxing me on.
Karellen Wrote:Yes, through the Context Menu... in Manage.
any idea why i don't have "manage" in my context menu (shield tv, leia 18.2, estuary)?
(2019-05-29, 05:47)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]rather than trying to add the art path to each nfo file
If only you read the pages... you don't add the art path! You name your artwork correctly as shown in the images and Kodi will find them.

(2019-05-29, 05:47)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]any idea why i don't have "manage" in my context menu (shield tv, leia 18.2, estuary)?
No, not something I have heard of before. Which skin are you using? If you switch skins, do you see it? A screenshot might help. I know it will just show missing manage, but there might be other clues. A Debug Log won't hurt either. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?
(2019-05-29, 08:10)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-29, 05:47)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]rather than trying to add the art path to each nfo file
If only you read the pages... you don't add the art path! You name your artwork correctly as shown in the images and Kodi will find them.
(2019-05-29, 05:47)aeneas1 Wrote: [ -> ]any idea why i don't have "manage" in my context menu (shield tv, leia 18.2, estuary)?
No, not something I have heard of before. Which skin are you using? If you switch skins, do you see it? A screenshot might help. I know it will just show missing manage, but there might be other clues. A Debug Log won't hurt either. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?  

yes, read the pages, but found that by doing it the way i did, it allowed me to skim through a bunch of different posters and backgrounds without being locked into a set, i.e. i preferred that kodi not "find them", and instead gave me the option of picking and choosing.... anyway, thanks a ton for your help!

ps - along the same lines, is there an easy way to apply the same poster / background to, say, 200 video files within the same folder with nfo, without having to create an nfo file for each video file? thanks again!

ps2 - i switched skins to aura and "manage" appeared in the context menu, switched back to estuary it's gone again... no big deal because i intend to use aura anyway, was just using estuary to set things up at the beginning because i find its settings more familiar and easier to navigate.

thanks again!