Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi but from command line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You may have heard this a bunch of times but here is my failed attempt at using kodi server from command line. I can't use the gui as I'm running (Arch Linux btw) on very poor hardware on my server so I would have to buy a sata hub in order to move all the hard drives to my desktop pc which I'm trying to avoid at all cost...

So what I did was I installed https://github.com/graysky2/kodi-standalone-service along with kodi. It works very well, I got the web gui up and running. Now I set up my sources.xml file in .kodi/userdata/sources.xml: https://paste.kodi.tv/xuyudupoca
Furthermore, I enabled the automatic library scanning in the guisettings.xml file (however it stays deactivated in the web ui). 

In the directory I selected in the sources.xml file there is for example another folder called 007.James.Bond.Complete.Set.1962-2015.1080p.BluRay.x264 in within there is another folder called 1.Dr. No.1962 in which there is DR.No.1962.1080p.BluRay.x264.mp4. Do I have to create an nfo file on my own or will the default installed scraper be able to retrieve the information?

The next weird thing is I downloaded a kodi remote app for Android and I can connect to the server. If I go into the video section of the File Browser it shows my two sources, however, if I try to click on / open one of them it says Couldn't browse files. Error message: Invalid params. Is this an issue of the app or my setup?

Last thing I noticed is I tried via the Chorus2 interface to send the VideoLibrary.GetMovies command. It seemed like nothing happened, and I checked the config. After 5 mins, it failed searching the first, empty directory: ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/00/Movies/. So far, there is nothing about the second..

Can anyone help my in some direction? I'm really lost ont his one and I know that this software wasn't made for command line usage but I think it suits my best (I struggled even more setting up Plex). Thanks for the help in advance :)