Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi delay in loading on Nvidia Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I select Kodi on my Nvidia Shield TV, I get a black creen for 21 seconds before the Leia splash screen.  The log shows this:

2019-05-31 00:32:24.975 T:8117  NOTICE: The executable running is: /data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-D1HpeU-mogLWZtK88mw2XA==/lib/arm64/libkodi.so
2019-05-31 00:32:45.008 T:8117  NOTICE: Local hostname: 192.168.0.7

For some reason it looks as if Kodi is struggling to get the local IP address.  The IP is reserved in my router.  Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this please?  Thank you.
(2019-05-31, 17:35)poppydoodle Wrote: [ -> ]The log shows this:

We prefer the full, unedited debug log (wiki) file, provided via a pastebin website.
Two text lines is simply not enough.
(2019-05-31, 17:39)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-31, 17:35)poppydoodle Wrote: [ -> ]The log shows this:

We prefer the full, unedited debug log (wiki) file, provided via a pastebin website.
Two text lines is simply not enough. 
Thank you.  Here is a link: ijarotoyuq.kodi (paste)
@poppydoodle - we also prefer people to actually read the forum rules (wiki) that they accept and agree to abide by when they sign up here, especially the piracy policy (wiki)...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-05-31, 18:01)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@poppydoodle - we also prefer people to actually read the forum rules (wiki) that they accept and agree to abide by when they sign up here, especially the piracy policy (wiki)...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Thank you for your reply Darren.  Here is my clean log: https://paste.kodi.tv/okapupawud.kodi 
It still contains 5 banned items. Anything in the add-on/ repo list in the log that is in orange is on the banned list.
Your add-ons may be slowing down the loading of Kodi. The Shield's eMMC is pretty slow, I use an external SSD for my storage and have all Kodi's appdata on there which makes it at least 2x faster.
(2019-06-04, 05:08)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]It still contains 5 banned items. Anything in the add-on/ repo list in the log that is in orange is on the banned list.

Thank you for reviewing my config.  I have updated my system and the latest log is here: asevorequj.kodi (paste)
(2019-06-04, 20:56)brando56894 Wrote: [ -> ]Your add-ons may be slowing down the loading of Kodi. The Shield's eMMC is pretty slow, I use an external SSD for my storage and have all Kodi's appdata on there which makes it at least 2x faster.

Interesting thank you.  The log doesn;t seem to show slow add on loading though.  As I said, it seems to take 20 seconds to do nothing but record the device's local IP address.  I wondered whether it might be a problem with the apk for Android TV, as opposed to regular Android.  I'm trying to see if I can install a regular Android version rather than the Shield specific version.
(2019-06-05, 04:09)poppydoodle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-04, 20:56)brando56894 Wrote: [ -> ]Your add-ons may be slowing down the loading of Kodi. The Shield's eMMC is pretty slow, I use an external SSD for my storage and have all Kodi's appdata on there which makes it at least 2x faster.

Interesting thank you.  The log doesn't seem to show slow add-on loading though.  As I said, it seems to take 20 seconds to do nothing but record the device's local IP address.  I wondered whether it might be a problem with the apk for Android TV, as opposed to regular Android.  I'm trying to see if I can install a regular Android version rather than the Shield specific version.