Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2019-07-05, 03:25)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, @bsoriano and other guys! Congratulations!Smile
I tested with a widget without content and now it don't mess up with navegation!
(I noticed that when I watch the last content of a widget, they take a little delay to load the other widgets of this section. But is nothing severe, and may not even exist on better hardware). Edit: I take this back because I use it more and practically could noticed that. Maybe is just I thing that happend one time. Sorry!

(2019-07-05, 01:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Other changes you will notice:
  • Double row shelves are no longer a global option, this is now a per-shelf option

• Two shelves together is no longer a global option, this is now a per-menu item option

• Hide shelves when not focused is now a per-menu item option

I think this make settings more organized! I liked that!
But I can't find the "Double row shelves" option. Where is it?

Ah, now I can reset the shelfs of an menu like Movie, Tv Show... but reset all skin still not working here.

Thanks again!

@edjalmo, thanks for testing so quickly! The Double row shelf is now a part of each widget configuration, you should ser the option there. Please let me know if you don’t see it, and send me a screenshot of what you have for widget configuration. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 01:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have just pushed an update to Git.  This update has a substantial rewrite of all the shelves code (thank you so much @Mr. V  and @BobCratchett !).  Given how significant this was, there is always the possibility of bugs.

The biggest change should be that there is no issue anymore with navigation when a widget has no content.  Now, that widget just does not show up.

Other changes you will notice:
  • Double row shelves are no longer a global option, this is now a per-shelf option
  • Two shelves together is no longer a global option, this is now a per-menu item option

Apart from that, the functionality should be pretty much unchanged.

There is one minor issue I am still looking at, and that is that if you only have one widget, and you press Up while in that widget, there is a slight screen flicker.

Again, this was a significant re-write, so please test thoroughly and report everything you find that is not working as it was before.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart 

Update seems good Bart !

I done a complete reinstall of CoreELEC 9.0.3 and the latest PKC.

I like the new "per menu item" option for setting doubles shelves and two shelves together Big Grin

Couple of little bugs I noticed when setting the widgets.

1.  I set every menu option up in one go and occasionally after adjusting sub-menu items it would rebuild the skin and take me back to the main settings page which is fine, but when i went back in to adjust the menu some more it had changed some stuff back to default. Like I had already disabled a lot of menu items (weather etc..) but they were enabled again.

It seems fine now after setting them all again. I did do one at a time though.

2.  The option for how many items per widget sometimes showed "18" and sometimes showed the word "may" as the number before i changed it to 25 Huh

3.  I set shelf 1 to "On deck" and shelf 2 to "Recently Added" but they show the other way around on the menu (recently added as shelf 1 and on deck as shelf 2)

That's all I have noticed so far, ill report back if I notice anything else.

Do you think @Mr. V or @BobCratchett would be able to create a new "Recently Added Seasons" widget ?

Thanks again
Rob
(2019-07-05, 03:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]The Double row shelf is now a part of each widget configuration, you should ser the option there. Please let me know if you don’t see it, and send me a screenshot of what you have for widget configuration.
Is here that doubles shelves option should be?

The suggestions I have to make are:
I think add a "Are you sure?" when user click in reset all skin is a good thing!
Make new screenshots to skin preview images. Like you said the current preview are from old version.
Ah, if you could too make a text explain the best way to get rating (IMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes...) and country certifications flags. Like in may case I use Universal Movie Scraper to get both (I use OMDb API key to get IMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc., ratings and put the text "Classificação " in rating section to get brazilian certification flag).

Ah, and I know that you will don't do this now, but consider do a cosmetic change in tall list view after the merge. The way it are the plot and thumbnail are not align (thumbnail is center, plot is up... you can see this better when plot is short). I think you can align all things! I also like the @Humdinger suggestion.

Thanks!
(2019-07-05, 04:52)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]

I have just pushed an update to Git.  This update has a substantial rewrite of all the shelves code (thank you so much @Mr. V  and @BobCratchett !).  Given how significant this was, there is always the possibility of bugs.

The biggest change should be that there is no issue anymore with navigation when a widget has no content.  Now, that widget just does not show up.

There is one minor issue I am still looking at, and that is that if you only have one widget, and you press Up while in that widget, there is a slight screen flicker.

Again, this was a significant re-write, so please test thoroughly and report everything you find that is not working as it was before.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart  

Update seems good Bart !

I like the new "per menu item" option for setting doubles shelves and two shelves together Big Grin

1.  I set every menu option up in one go and occasionally after adjusting sub-menu items it would rebuild the skin and take me back to the main settings page which is fine, but when i went back in to adjust the menu some more it had changed some stuff back to default. Like I had already disabled a lot of menu items (weather etc..) but they were enabled again.

2.  The option for how many items per widget sometimes showed "18" and sometimes showed the word "may" as the number before i changed it to 25 Huh

3.  I set shelf 1 to "On deck" and shelf 2 to "Recently Added" but they show the other way around on the menu (recently added as shelf 1 and on deck as shelf 2)

Do you think @Mr. V or @BobCratchett would be able to create a new "Recently Added Seasons" widget ?

Thanks again
Rob 
@treboR2Robert , thank you for reporting back so quickly.

As for the issues you mentioned:

1. I have not noticed that behavior, I will try in my setup and see if there are any issues with skinshortcuts.  If there are, your workaround (set up one at a time) will be the way to go.

2. The 18 is the default that I set for the widgets.  The "may" I have also seen, this has to do with me trying to have multiple default widgets per menu item for a better "out of the box" experience with the skin.  That functionality seems to be more trouble than it is worth, so I will remove it going forward.

3.  That is actually working as designed, and I apologize for not pointing it out.  Since the navigation between widgets is by pressing Up, the first widget will always be at the bottom, not at the top.  I realize that before, when using "Two shelves together", the first widget would be at the top; this was inconsistent with the widget navigation in all other scenarios.  Now, navigation is consistent no matter what options are chosen.

As for the Recently Added, I will be looking further at the addon and see if I can come up with a solution.  This will take me quite a while, since I have to learn Python to do it.  I am taking it as a personal challenge, though.  We'll see how it goes.

Again, thanks for testing.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 14:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 03:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]The Double row shelf is now a part of each widget configuration, you should ser the option there. Please let me know if you don’t see it, and send me a screenshot of what you have for widget configuration.
Is here that doubles shelves option should be?

The suggestions I have to make are:
I think add a "Are you sure?" when user click in reset all skin is a good thing!
Make new screenshots to skin preview images. Like you said the current preview are from old version.
Ah, if you could too make a text explain the best way to get rating (IMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes...) and country certifications flags. Like in may case I use Universal Movie Scraper to get both (I use OMDb API key to get IMDB, TVDB, Rotten Tomatoes, etc., ratings and put the text "Classificação " in rating section to get brazilian certification flag).

Ah, and I know that you will don't do this now, but consider do a cosmetic change in tall list view after the merge. The way it are the plot and thumbnail are not align (thumbnail is center, plot is up... you can see this better when plot is short). I think you can align all things! I also like the @Humdinger suggestion.

Thanks!  
@edjalmo , the "double row shelf" should be an option when you go to modify "Shelf 1", "Shelf 2", etc.

Thanks a lot for you suggestions, I think they are all valid and I will add  an "are you sure?" dialog before doing the reset all skin settings.  Once I merge this with current Amber, I will add the information on ratings and certification flags to the first post.

As for the cosmetic change for Tall List view, could you please send me a screenshot of what you mean and you would like to see? That way I can get to it more accurately.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 14:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 04:52)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart   

Update seems good Bart !

Thanks again
Rob  

1. I have not noticed that behavior, I will try in my setup and see if there are any issues with skinshortcuts.  If there are, your workaround (set up one at a time) will be the way to go.

2. The 18 is the default that I set for the widgets.  The "may" I have also seen, this has to do with me trying to have multiple default widgets per menu item for a better "out of the box" experience with the skin.  That functionality seems to be more trouble than it is worth, so I will remove it going forward.

3.  That is actually working as designed, and I apologize for not pointing it out.  Since the navigation between widgets is by pressing Up, the first widget will always be at the bottom, not at the top.  I realize that before, when using "Two shelves together", the first widget would be at the top; this was inconsistent with the widget navigation in all other scenarios.  Now, navigation is consistent no matter what options are chosen.

As for the Recently Added, I will be looking further at the addon and see if I can come up with a solution.  This will take me quite a while, since I have to learn Python to do it.  I am taking it as a personal challenge, though.  We'll see how it goes.

Regards,

Bart 

I see what you mean with widget 1 being at the bottom, it makes sense if you are not showing two shelves together.
I will just have to redo my 8 widgets Sleepy lol

The "may" thing is strange yeah, as you said though I wouldn't worry about it, its no big deal and most people will customize it to their liking anyway.

The other issue of it resetting some items to default, I can't really replicate until I do a fresh install again. If i notice it again I will try and provide more information.

The "Recently added seasons" widget I mentioned probably wouldn't be quite right anyway because if only 1 episode has been added it wouldn't work i don't think. I'm not sure how Rasplex behaves when this happens I will check.

That is cool that you are going to learn python, I should do something like that really, I just need some1 kicking me up the a*** to do something other than watch tv lol.

Good luck with it all

Thanks

Rob
I sure would like to see this wonderful skin on the Kodi repo to get automatic updates.
(2019-07-05, 17:46)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]I sure would like to see this wonderful skin on the Kodi repo to get automatic updates.

@Raitsa , thanks! The current version (not with skin shortcuts) is in the Kodi repo, and I hope that when I merge this version with that one, it will continue to be in the repo.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 17:30)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 14:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 04:52)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Update seems good Bart !

Thanks again
Rob  

Regards,

Bart  

I see what you mean with widget 1 being at the bottom, it makes sense if you are not showing two shelves together.
I will just have to redo my 8 widgets Sleepy lol

The "may" thing is strange yeah, as you said though I wouldn't worry about it, its no big deal and most people will customize it to their liking anyway.

The other issue of it resetting some items to default, I can't really replicate until I do a fresh install again. If i notice it again I will try and provide more information.

The "Recently added seasons" widget I mentioned probably wouldn't be quite right anyway because if only 1 episode has been added it wouldn't work i don't think. I'm not sure how Rasplex behaves when this happens I will check.

That is cool that you are going to learn python, I should do something like that really, I just need some1 kicking me up the a*** to do something other than watch tv lol.

Good luck with it all

Thanks

Rob 
@treboR2Robert , sorry about having to redo your widgets.  

What I will try to do with the recently added is to return enough info back to Kodi so that when you click on a "grouped" episode on a widget it takes you to the season.  I know how to do that part from the skin, I just need to figure out how to return the tv show id from the addon back to Kodi so I can do it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 17:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@treboR2Robert , sorry about having to redo your widgets.  

What I will try to do with the recently added is to return enough info back to Kodi so that when you click on a "grouped" episode on a widget it takes you to the season.  I know how to do that part from the skin, I just need to figure out how to return the tv show id from the addon back to Kodi so I can do it.

Regards,

Bart 

lol no worries Bart it won't take me long, and will give me something to do Smile

Hopefully figuring out the tv show id is not too much of a faff for you.

The skin is great !
(2019-07-05, 17:30)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]The other issue of it resetting some items to default, I can't really replicate until I do a fresh install again. If i notice it again I will try and provide more information.
You talking about the reset all skin option? Because if yes I'm having the same issue here!
(2019-07-05, 18:41)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 17:30)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]The other issue of it resetting some items to default, I can't really replicate until I do a fresh install again. If i notice it again I will try and provide more information.
You talking about the reset all skin option? Because if yes I'm having the same issue here! 
No something else
(2019-07-05, 14:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the cosmetic change for Tall List view, could you please send me a screenshot of what you mean and you would like to see? That way I can get to it more accurately.
I thinked in something like this:
Is like the old skin layout but I kept the new icons, etc.
I pulled the list of episodes to the left because I think it has space to show more.
The whole point its that have space to show this things and the align.

I removed this because this info it's already on top line.
Edit: sorry, I forgot to change language in last image.
(2019-07-05, 18:54)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-05, 14:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the cosmetic change for Tall List view, could you please send me a screenshot of what you mean and you would like to see? That way I can get to it more accurately.
I thinked in something like this:
Is like the old skin layout but I kept the new icons, etc.
I pulled the list of episodes to the left because I think it has space to show more.
The whole point its that have space to show this things and the align.

I removed this because this info it's already on top line.
Edit: sorry, I forgot to change language in last image. 
@edjalmo, thanks! That is not a cosmetic change, that is a re-design of the view.  I don't think I will do this right now.  However, if you have the time, please mock up how it would look for tv shows, movies, seasons, musicvideos, artists, albums and songs, and I will see what I can do.

Alternatively, you could just provide me a screenshot of the current view and point out in it the alignment issues you mentioned before.  That I could probably do fairly quickly.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-05, 19:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]That is not a cosmetic change, that is a re-design of the view.  I don't think I will do this right now.  However, if you have the time, please mock up how it would look for tv shows, movies, seasons, musicvideos, artists, albums and songs, and I will see what I can do.

Alternatively, you could just provide me a screenshot of the current view and point out in it the alignment issues you mentioned before.  That I could probably do fairly quickly.
My apologies! You're are completely right! I completely forgot all the other views (movies, musics...).
Look the new image.

My suggestion is that you create an invisible space for plot (like the brown square on image) and center the plot and other things (title, season, duration...) inside it. This way even if plot is short it will be centered with the thumbnail, poster, artist... images.
The red rectangles is the space between plot an this other things. My point is that this space be always the same.
What you think? This is possible?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32