Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2019-06-08, 19:09)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-07, 13:34)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-07, 12:44)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]How does one use the two lines method like it was in kodi 17. For the TV's and movies I would like to put new show on the top row and the ones in I'm watching on the bottom row.

Under "settings", "home menu"

Change "show two shelves together" to yes.

Then when you customize the home menu add 2 widgets to each category.

Simples  
Thanks, I hadn't notice that there was two selections, two shelves and show two shelves together.

Question: Is there a way of wrapping a line that too long to show in one row to next row. I find this with my video addons that are too many to show in one row. 
Could you please send me a screenshot where this would be useful to you? Just so I have an idea if it is feasible without changing the design too much.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-10, 16:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback.  Just so I am clear, what you are looking for is for the plot to be more readable (like, from a distance) when the dialog is shown? Please let me know.
First I was think this, but I was imagine plot view like in Aura Skin. In Aura Skin plot view is show in all screen, and this way large letter be good. But showing plot in a box I think letters is good in current size.
What I think is better is just dim or blur the background when show and remove white background when plot is not being clicked (we can know that is clickable because we can select it).
Sorry my misunderstand.
Quote:To add the Next Episodes shelf, when configuring a widget, go to Additional Widgets, Skin Helper Service Widgets, Episodes, Next Episodes.
Sorry my missunderstanding .
Worked! Thanks!
I'm having problem with TV programs not playing. I have two rows setup, the top has new program esp  and the bottom row has my in progress tv program. The top row plays okay and the bottom row open the file location instead. The movies is setup the same but both rows play okay. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
(2019-06-08, 01:26)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano 

The studio logo looks good Smile

I'm not so sure about the new grey background for the show description though, it kind of looks out of place. Although i can see why you done it ( to try and show that it is now clickable right ? )
It also now looks slightly out of line Confused  lol sorry.

The non static menu doesn't really work for me with only 7 items in it. It just moves up and down the page rather than revolving as i guess it does if you have more items in the menu.
I do like the revolving action if it fills the page ( like in the aeon nox silvo skin in the video i sent you) i think he just has bigger spacing. On Rasplex it used to just repeat items.

I don't envy you trying to figure out where to put that tv show thumbnail, it is difficult to find a place that looks good. I actually tried adding the tv show banner along with the video thumb but couldn't squeeze it in.

I didn't realise you didn't create the skin. @pecinko certainly done a nice job with the design.

As for the tvdb and imdb rating logos, all of my stuff is scraped perfectly so i will be fine haha.
But yes i know what you mean about adding more dependencies, ideally i suppose you want to keep the skin as clean and quick as possible, i can't imagine it will be easy to implement either.

Anyway you have been working on this way to much, go enjoy your weekend  Music

Talk later
Thanks
Rob
@treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git? I removed the grey background from the plot.  Also, I improved the navigation and appearance of the vertical menu based on your suggestions.  Please disable "Static vertical menu", enable "use bigger font", and enable the new option "use wraparound navigation for vertical menu", and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

I am still looking at the other suggestions.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-10, 16:39)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-10, 16:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback.  Just so I am clear, what you are looking for is for the plot to be more readable (like, from a distance) when the dialog is shown? Please let me know.
First I was think this, but I was imagine plot view like in Aura Skin. In Aura Skin plot view is show in all screen, and this way large letter be good. But showing plot in a box I think letters is good in current size.
What I think is better is just dim or blur the background when show and remove white background when plot is not being clicked (we can know that is clickable because we can select it).
Sorry my misunderstand.
Quote:To add the Next Episodes shelf, when configuring a widget, go to Additional Widgets, Skin Helper Service Widgets, Episodes, Next Episodes.
Sorry my missunderstanding .
Worked! Thanks!  
@edjalmo , thanks for the clarification.  Please test the latest from Git, I removed the background on the plot when it is not focused and dimmed the background when the plot dialog is shown.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-10, 17:16)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problem with TV programs not playing. I have two rows setup, the top has new program esp  and the bottom row has my in progress tv program. The top row plays okay and the bottom row open the file location instead. The movies is setup the same but both rows play okay. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

@timmins , could you please let me know which widget did you select for your bottom row (Default widgets? Additional widgets? which one exactly?) Thanks.  That way I will see if I can duplicate the issue and find a fix for it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-10, 16:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-08, 19:09)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-07, 13:34)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Under "settings", "home menu"

Change "show two shelves together" to yes.

Then when you customize the home menu add 2 widgets to each category.

Simples  
Thanks, I hadn't notice that there was two selections, two shelves and show two shelves together.

Question: Is there a way of wrapping a line that too long to show in one row to next row. I find this with my video addons that are too many to show in one row.  
Could you please send me a screenshot where this would be useful to you? Just so I have an idea if it is feasible without changing the design too much.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
How do I include some photos (screenshots of my TV) I took. I can't get this setup to use copy & paste
(2019-06-10, 20:53)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-10, 16:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-08, 19:09)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I hadn't notice that there was two selections, two shelves and show two shelves together.

Regards,

Bart   
How do I include some photos (screenshots of my TV) I took. I can't get this setup to use copy & paste  
You have to put them on an image sharing site like imgur and then put the link(s) in your post.
(2019-06-10, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , thanks for the clarification.  Please test the latest from Git, I removed the background on the plot when it is not focused and dimmed the background when the plot dialog is shown.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
But I think you have to dim a little more, because it's kind of imperceptible.
Another thing, we can see the dim expanding, I kinda don't like this (see like Estuary do. I think is more fancy).
(2019-06-10, 17:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git? I removed the grey background from the plot.  Also, I improved the navigation and appearance of the vertical menu based on your suggestions.  Please disable "Static vertical menu", enable "use bigger font", and enable the new option "use wraparound navigation for vertical menu", and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

The new wrap around menu looks GREAT !!!

Removing the grey plot background also looks MUCH better.

The main menu is pretty much perfect now I think apart from the delay/lag from the on deck widget.

Any progress on that or the episode thumbnail thing ?

Keep up the good work, I appreciate it !!!

Thanks
Rob
(2019-06-11, 01:43)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-10, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , thanks for the clarification.  Please test the latest from Git, I removed the background on the plot when it is not focused and dimmed the background when the plot dialog is shown.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
But I think you have to dim a little more, because it's kind of imperceptible.
Another thing, we can see the dim expanding, I kinda don't like this (see like Estuary do. I think is more fancy).  
@edjalmo , I looked at the Estuary code.  Please take a look at the latest from Git.  Please let me know if this what you were looking for.  Also, I added the episode thumb and tv show banner instead of the tv show poster in the video info dialog for episodes.  I also started working on the ratings.  it is not finished and does not look polished yet, but you can see my idea for it.  let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-11, 02:24)treboR2Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-10, 17:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@treboR2Robert , could you please test the latest from Git? I removed the grey background from the plot.  Also, I improved the navigation and appearance of the vertical menu based on your suggestions.  Please disable "Static vertical menu", enable "use bigger font", and enable the new option "use wraparound navigation for vertical menu", and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

The new wrap around menu looks GREAT !!!

Removing the grey plot background also looks MUCH better.

The main menu is pretty much perfect now I think apart from the delay/lag from the on deck widget.

Any progress on that or the episode thumbnail thing ?

Keep up the good work, I appreciate it !!!

Thanks
Rob 

@treboR2Robert , I still have not looked at the lag issue (probably will take me longer). Please take a look at the latest from Git, I added the episode thumbnail and tv show banner to the video info dialog for episodes, and I started working on the ratings.  It is still a work in progress, but you can see where I am heading with that.  You need to have the different rating types scraped, since I am displaying what is in the Kodi database, not anything from an addon like skin helper service.  I want to keep the skin as light as possible.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-10, 17:16)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problem with TV programs not playing. I have two rows setup, the top has new program esp  and the bottom row has my in progress tv program. The top row plays okay and the bottom row open the file location instead. The movies is setup the same but both rows play okay. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
That's because you have to choose" in progress episodes" in stead of " in progress tvshows".
I am very happy that you have revived Amber. And I like the shinshortcut version a lot. I am using the vertical menu and it is great that I can customize the top menu as I please. Up to Jarvis I had modified Amber to show only the menu items that I wanted, and now it can all be done without a hack. Wonderful!
I have a request. I use the List view. It shows 9 items on the screen and there is a lot of space between the lines. Is it possible to show more items, perhaps 12 or more, by reducing the line spacing and/or reducing the font size? I made this change on my hacked Amber and it was easier to get an overview of the available media when you can see more items at the same time.
(2019-06-11, 15:38)MKornby Wrote: [ -> ]I am very happy that you have revived Amber. And I like the shinshortcut version a lot. I am using the vertical menu and it is great that I can customize the top menu as I please. Up to Jarvis I had modified Amber to show only the menu items that I wanted, and now it can all be done without a hack. Wonderful!
I have a request. I use the List view. It shows 9 items on the screen and there is a lot of space between the lines. Is it possible to show more items, perhaps 12 or more, by reducing the line spacing and/or reducing the font size? I made this change on my hacked Amber and it was easier to get an overview of the available media when you can see more items at the same time.

@MKornby , thanks for your feedback! I will look into showing more items on List View.  

Regards,

Bart
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32