Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi runs as soon as I log in (Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm messing about with Ubuntu for Nintendo Switch and I've installed Kodi. Every time I log in to Ubuntu, Kodi runs and I have no way to exit Kodi to desktop. I ran sudo apt install kodi to get Kodi. I have access to the SD card with Ubuntu so I can change system files. Can I stop Kodi from autostarting?
(2019-06-02, 20:03)UnicornsOnLSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm messing about with Ubuntu for Nintendo Switch and I've installed Kodi. Every time I log in to Ubuntu, Kodi runs and I have no way to exit Kodi to desktop. I ran sudo apt install kodi to get Kodi. I have access to the SD card with Ubuntu so I can change system files. Can I stop Kodi from autostarting?

hi, try se in this dokument if there is any hints on what files you maybe have to change

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:HOW-TO:Aut..._for_Linux
(2019-06-02, 20:03)UnicornsOnLSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm messing about with Ubuntu for Nintendo Switch and I've installed Kodi. Every time I log in to Ubuntu, Kodi runs and I have no way to exit Kodi to desktop. I ran sudo apt install kodi to get Kodi. I have access to the SD card with Ubuntu so I can change system files. Can I stop Kodi from autostarting?

could you somehow have gotten into standalone?  Try killall kodi-standalone form a virtual terminal (ctrl-alt-F3), then change your x-session from kodi to ubuntu