Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Black screen after restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After installing Kodi on my phone from the Play Store, I can open the apk and install add-ons, etc. Once I exit the program and open it again, I only get a black screen. When I tap back, I can hear the Kodi sound effect, but I cannot do anything else. Clearing cache does nothing. Reinstalling gets Kodi to work, but doing absolutely nothing but exiting, then restarting kodi, yields the same black screen behaviour. It doesn't matter if I tap the power button on kodi, or press the launcher button on the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro
Android 9
Kodi 18 (latest from Play Store)
(2019-06-04, 00:16)m0thz Wrote: [ -> ]After installing Kodi on my phone from the Play Store, I can open the apk and install add-ons, etc. Once I exit the program and open it again, I only get a black screen. When I tap back, I can hear the Kodi sound effect, but I cannot do anything else. Clearing cache does nothing. Reinstalling gets Kodi to work, but doing absolutely nothing but exiting, then restarting kodi, yields the same black screen behaviour. It doesn't matter if I tap the power button on kodi, or press the launcher button on the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro
Android 9
Kodi 18 (latest from Play Store)
Getting similar on the fireTV. Did you find a solution.