Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi resets to defaults whenever I turn my Android TV off - Mi TV 4c Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,
        i am here to discuss about a problem which i am facing from your kodi app for android tv the problem is it automaticly auto-update or reset automaticly everytimei mean every time i off my tv and turn it back i get a all new kodi app all my addons are missing no matter what i try but can't fix it and went online and people to do this:block the auto-update on google play store,block kodi (never check for update),and also block the version check addon also i did it all but can't find a fix for it and i also people say don't click exit opition on kodi when u closing app because it will check for update but then too can't fix it i hope you guys fix it as soon u can 

ditals:
tv:mi tv 4c pro 
software:android oreo 8.1.0
app downloaded from:google play store
Just a tip: Don't type in your post as ONE LONG SENTENCE without hardly any form of interpunction. It is so exhausting for others to read texts like that.

Also, "i hope you fix this soon" is not a proper titles for the Kodi forum. For the forum search engine, it does not reflect the actual problem at all. It's a totally useless piece of text.

Before we even know what to fix, you providing us Kodi's debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website would be a good start.
(2019-06-04, 11:22)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Just a tip: Don't type in your post as ONE LONG SENTENCE without hardly any form of interpunction. It is so exhausting for others to read texts like that.

Also, "i hope you fix this soon" is not a proper titles for the Kodi forum. For the forum search engine, it does not reflect the actual problem at all. It's a totally useless piece of text.

Before we even know what to fix, you providing us Kodi's debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website would be a good start.
sorry i don't know what to name the subject if u edit it then do it if not then tell me what name is right for it and also there is no error or dubug log will come the kodi opens nicely and also it don't show me any error but all my addons and setting will reset back to normall if u still think there a dubug log then tell me a easy way to find it
(2019-06-04, 11:50)justinbiberoffical Wrote: [ -> ]but all my addons and setting will reset back to normall

Addons, such as? Without a crystal ball it's not really possible to help you without any initial details.
(2019-06-04, 12:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-04, 11:50)justinbiberoffical Wrote: [ -> ]but all my addons and setting will reset back to normall

Addons, such as? Without a crystal ball it's not really possible to help you without any initial details. 
PopcornFlix,Twitch,Soundcloud,Plex,YouTube etc.. and the addon works fine but after i turn off my tv and turn it back on it's all gone even the kodi setting which made also gone like:i change it to expect mode,i turn off auto-update,i also enable dts audio and it will remove it all and make it new kodi addon everytime and sometimes it stay about 3-4 days again it will reset/update  and also sometimes your kodi app will stuck then i will clear the task manager then also it will reset to normall what to do i don't know  and when it get reset/update i don't get any message from kodi addon
(2019-06-04, 12:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

hello one day passed away have to fixed if u don't belive me install it on a android tv and then install your addons and then also change your setting to expext mode and also set the update to never check for update and then see for how long it don't get change and also run task clear too and then open it back and then check if it still there or dead i hope u guys fix it soon
yes one day passed away and more will pass after that and if you think we have the same tv as yours then you are mistaken because not many people have that same tv and installing works fine on my android nvidia shield and also telephone that i already have for more than 2 years and my shield even longer i dont have any other problems so it is still difficult to recreate the issues that you have on your television because something that is working correctly on our stuff doesnt require fixing but your tv has a problem with it
And to help you, I've edited your original post and given it a more meaningful title - one that might actually mean something to someone. Or, indeed, to anyone.
(2019-06-06, 12:39)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]yes one day passed away and more will pass after that and if you think we have the same tv as yours then you are mistaken because not many people have that same tv and installing works fine on my android nvidia shield and also telephone that i already have for more than 2 years and my shield even longer i dont have any other problems so it is still difficult to recreate the issues that you have on your television because something that is working correctly on our stuff doesnt require fixing but your tv has a problem with it

ok i know that not everyone is having same tv i just told u what tv i am using so that u can find the problem and to make u sure u paid u r using in android box right so can u or anyone who have a android tv not same tv as mine but any other android tv just install on it and see after how many days it getting reset and i went to log in my kodi it say kodi started successfully see i also want to make u sure that it not only reset and deleting my addons but it also changeing the setting also which i made in my kodi that are i turn on dts audio and made it from2.0 to 5.1 and kept the setting in expect mode how to fix it i don't know my tv is fine few day ago only also got a update too then to it's not fixed at all or can u give a any kodi application that u r using or give a application in which there is no update mode then i will install on my tv u guys are development guys right coding king's have a nice day happy weekend
(2019-06-06, 18:56)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]And to help you, I've edited your original post and given it a more meaningful title - one that might actually mean something to someone. Or, indeed, to anyone.
thank you the title now looks much way cool nice work ..
Got the same problem wipes builds addons everything left it plugged in for 2 days every thing gone only kodi app nothing else
(2019-06-08, 09:19)Brierley62 Wrote: [ -> ]Got the same problem wipes builds addons everything left it plugged in for 2 days every thing gone only kodi app nothing else
yes that's what i am also saying but there say everything is fine it's problem with your device and on what device r u running it on and plz explain your problem to the kodi team there is one person who replying me back from kodi team so just reply to him and explain the problem u got
(2019-06-06, 18:56)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]And to help you, I've edited your original post and given it a more meaningful title - one that might actually mean something to someone. Or, indeed, to anyone.
hey can u help me with this problem as no one is replying me back
Until we see a log file of Kodi starting up and/or shutting down then we have no way to tell if this is anything to do with Kodi or not. I've not heard reports of this on other Android devices, so it might be a case of a firmware bug or even a television configuration error that's preventing the config from being saved - in which case, there's nothing we can do.

Honestly, we have nothing to go on here. It's not that we don't want to help, it's just that we genuinely have nothing to work with, let alone anything to say.

Oh, and @Brierley62 - "builds"? Check the forum rules (wiki) before going down that rabbit hole, as they're not supported here as that's yet another layer of third-party software which we can't control or influence.
(2019-06-12, 14:46)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Until we see a log file of Kodi starting up and/or shutting down then we have no way to tell if this is anything to do with Kodi or not. I've not heard reports of this on other Android devices, so it might be a case of a firmware bug or even a television configuration error that's preventing the config from being saved - in which case, there's nothing we can do.

Honestly, we have nothing to go on here. It's not that we don't want to help, it's just that we genuinely have nothing to work with, let alone anything to say.

Oh, and @Brierley62 - "builds"? Check the forum rules (wiki) before going down that rabbit hole, as they're not supported here as that's yet another layer of third-party software which we can't control or influence.
sure ok then i will send it to you but does log info contains all my personal location and my ip adress also and my email stuff too
Pages: 1 2