Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
new to this tech stuff...just installed Kodi on Nvidia shield, opens, but obviously nothing in there, but cannot get to the settings icon...HELP
Are you new to internet forums in general as well?

Your thread title is not really helpful, and a single line of underlined(?!) text does not give us a real lead of what to think of it.

Try providing us a debug log (wiki) file, or otherwise a screenshot if that may help us understand the problem.
(2019-06-05, 23:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Are you new to internet forums in general as well?

Your thread title is not really helpful, and a single line of underlined(?!) text does not give us a real lead of what to think of it.

Try providing us a debug log (wiki) file, or otherwise a screenshot if that may help us understand the problem.

my lack of knowledge is quite obvious, text came out as underlined...sorry...issue is, once the Kodi app is open, I cannot get to the settings icon or search icon at the top, left hand side of the screen.  if this site is only for experienced folks, I will try and do some searching elsewhere.  don't know where else to go...
Can you give more information, such as the device you're using, the Android version (presuming it an Android device, given the section you've posted this in) and which version of Kodi you've installed (and from where)?

Most of this would be in the debug log (wiki) that was already requested, but if you can tell us here then it's a start.

As these devices are normally touchscreen-based, the "not being able to get to..." comment is a little strange, or is it a non-touchscreen device (an Android-based TV or something)?
(2019-06-06, 01:18)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give more information, such as the device you're using, the Android version (presuming it an Android device, given the section you've posted this in) and which version of Kodi you've installed (and from where)?

Most of this would be in the debug log (wiki) that was already requested, but if you can tell us here then it's a start.

As these devices are normally touchscreen-based, the "not being able to get to..." comment is a little strange, or is it a non-touchscreen device (an Android-based TV or something)?
thank you, just bought a Nvidia shield, and have downloaded the "latest"version of Kodi from Google play store, the version is called Leia? maybe the issue is with the Nvidia remote, but everything else on the shield works fine.  I open Kodi, have the menu down the left hand side, movies, tv etc etc, top from left is power icon, settings then search.  cannot access these, using the remote, cannot scroll down either...
Normally I would just expect to push left to set the focus into the left hand main menu (presuming you're in the default estuary skin, which by the sound of it you are) and then up or down to move within that list and to the icons above it. But I don't own a shield so I can't comment from experience or actually test that expectation so I will leave others who are Shield owners to comment. Its not a rare device, so someone should probably be able to give you guidance or tips there if there is something quirky about it.
(2019-06-06, 03:03)agilitypup Wrote: [ -> ]I open Kodi, have the menu down the left hand side, movies, tv etc etc, top from left is power icon, settings then search.  cannot access these, using the remote, cannot scroll down either...

I have a Nvidia Shield with Kodi, and maybe because Kodi was installed some in 2015 already (and gradually updated), but I have no GUI problems. Perhaps your Kodi installation went nuts for some reason. You could try exiting (if possible), then delete/rename the whole Kodi profile folder with a File Manager app, and restart Kodi (or perhaps reboot the whole Shield if Kodi is still stuck) so a fresh profile folder can be created. And see what happens next.