Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashes while playing a movie on the NVIDIA SHIELD TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It happens on LAN and WiFi.
Mid movie Kodi will just crash throwing me to the SHIELD launcher screen.
Here's a full debug log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/uxevapareg.kodi
Same issue here.
Yep, Kodi and Shield are no bueno at this point.
Happened to me last night. Midway through my 1080p DTS-HD program, I suddenly found myself staring at the shield Android home screen.
Never had any issues with Shield and Movies from my NAS, maybe it's just my setup though.

For the Original Poster...
Perhaps you can list what device you are streaming from, as it looks like it is being disconnected (or at least that's what it appears to me)...

Might want to remove the names of the 'SCENE' groups you get your movies from...

/storage/XSXI9/Stream/Movies/Primal.Fear.1996.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE/
/storage/XSXI9/Stream/Movies/Solo.A.Star.Wars.Story.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS/
/storage/XSXI9/Stream/Movies/The.Nun.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS/

/storage/XSXI9/Stream-Ordi/TV/הקוסם מארץ עוץ (1986)/Season 1/The.Wonderful.Wizard.of.Oz.S01E50.הקוסם מארץ עוץ - פרק 50 - פלישת הננסים.wmv

Just some of your examples...
It's a Windows 10 machine sharing some folders using SMB.
The Win 10 machine has a valid ping to the router through the crash so I doubt the machine is disconnecting.
Help?

All the similar threads with crashes on the shield with a full debug log are unanswered. :\
(2019-06-15, 00:00)Shasoosh Wrote: [ -> ]Help?

All the similar threads with crashes on the shield with a full debug log are unanswered. :\

Thank you! This isn't a coincidence is it?? All sorts of posts about the same thing, where people play stuff on Plex or other apps flawlessly, but with Kodi 18+ it crashes randomly. I don't know if it is under investigation and no one knows what's going on, so there are no comments, or it's still not being taken seriously.
For me its not crashing, it just going to the main menu.

Go to their website at :

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...r-file-/2/

There's a big history behind this problem. I have tried all kind of things. It might be your network is not fast enough, the only thing I haven't proven yet. It happens with kodi 17? and kodi 18?. It goes for days with nothing happening and in one day I might 2 or 3 of these. I have increased my memory with no great effect.
Go to developer settings on the Shield and increase the buffer logger to e.g. maximum.
That‘s it!
All my before changings in Windows, SMB, LAN/Ethernet, Firewall, Registry adjustments were on the end for nothing; roll them back.
Since I increased the buffer logger value in the Shield, I had no crashes with Kodi.
I got the advice from an other forum.