Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apostrophes shown as html &# 39; in certain tiles and mouse hover texts instead of '
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I noticed that apostrophes are displayed as html code &# 39; (without the space) in some places, and correctly as ' in others. This happens for sure on the tv/recent page in the `recently added` section, and on the tv episode page in the `season X` section. Here are some screenshots with green & red circles showing where it's correctly and incorrectly displayed. Not sure why the screenshots don't show in-post but you can see them if you click the links.

Image Image Image Image
It's been over 2 years now, should I give up hope this bug in the webif will ever be fixed? Sad
@teriyaki

Yes give up hope Smile

A new version of Chorus2 is in the making (Call it Chorus3 if you like). It was a GSOC project last year that was never completed, but hopefully will be completed this year.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361451
There is a similar thing in Actor's titles where "nicknames" are displayed with escape backslashes: Firstname \"nickname\" Lastname. It's most likely a SQL storage thing that needs to be removed when retrieving actor data.
It's odd that the html entities are converted in some places but not in others, seems like a weird inconsistency for something user-facing. You'd think the author would've noticed it during development, or at any point after.

I was wondering what ever came of the chorus2 rewrite. IIRC, didn't that author want to make it more like Netflix or something - heavily focused on content streaming while mostly disregarding its role as a maintenance tool? I remember concern being raised about that. Why did the rewrite stall anyways?
We're coming up on the 5 year anniversary of my original reporting of this long-standing bug. I'd never have guessed such a basic bug would still be unfixed at this point. Oh well.
(2024-03-21, 19:45)malard Wrote: [ -> ].
@Malard

Maybe you can check this out if you have time?
It's my belief i've fixed this and a few other issues, I've not got everything setup to compile coffee but I asked someone else to do it, hopefully a new chorus build will come out soon. I am hoping to have a clear window of time to work on a variety of improvements. I did spend a few evenings purging the issue reports in github so hopefully its a little more sane!
(2024-03-23, 15:26)Malard Wrote: [ -> ]It's my belief i've fixed this and a few other issues, I've not got everything setup to compile coffee but I asked someone else to do it, hopefully a new chorus build will come out soon. I am hoping to have a clear window of time to work on a variety of improvements. I did spend a few evenings purging the issue reports in github so hopefully its a little more sane!

i feel like I've woken up in an alternate universe right now! Smile As one of the users who spends more time in chorus2 than you'd think, and on behalf of others in that group, your efforts are truly appreciated!