Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Watching ripped versions of bought movies with Kodi in the own Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I just wanted to ask if it is ok to import my moviecollection to Kodi so I can watch them on all devices in my Network. It´s clear that I can to that with my own Videos, but is it also ok to use the ripped versions of bought movies and series? Fist I thought it´s completely ok because Kodi give you the option to take informations from sites like the Movie Database, but shortly thinking about loading up these data I become uncertain. I hope some of you can help me because it were so nice if I could build my own Home-Netflix. Have a nice day!
Greetings
Luca
Yes you can. That is what many of us have done with our own personal collection of purchased DVD and Bluray discs.

Some basic suggestions that may make life easier for you...

1. Rip into single file. There is no advantage, but there are disadvantages, in keeping the original DVD or Bluray structure. Most people create the mkv file.
2. Save your movie video file into its own folder. It is cleaner and easier to manage, than having hundreds of movies in one folder
3. Ensure you name the folder and video file correctly. See the How To: Create Video Library link in My Signature below.
4. Do not mix Movies, TV Shows and Music into the same folder. All explained in the guide.
5. If you want to keep the "Extras" from the disks, then use one of the addons here to manage them... Extras (wiki)

Hope that helps.
(2019-06-10, 04:11)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can. That is what many of us have done with our own personal collection of purchased DVD and Bluray discs.

Some basic suggestions that may make life easier for you...

1. Rip into single file. There is no advantage, but there are disadvantages, in keeping the original DVD or Bluray structure. Most people create the mkv file.
2. Save your movie video file into its own folder. It is cleaner and easier to manage, than having hundreds of movies in one folder
3. Ensure you name the folder and video file correctly. See the How To: Create Video Library link in My Signature below.
4. Do not mix Movies, TV Shows and Music into the same folder. All explained in the guide.
5. If you want to keep the "Extras" from the disks, then use one of the addons here to manage them... Extras (wiki)

Hope that helps.

OK, thank you!