Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to remote server on new installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I was using Kodi on Libreelec 9.0.2 on my RPi 3 and it worked perfectly. Then two days ago, when trying to backup the SD card using win32diskimager it failed and I erroneuosly cleared the SD entirely without having a backup. My fault!

Anyway, I formatted the SD again and installed Libreelec 9.0.2 from scratch but since then I'm unable to scrape my library of TV Series. Every time I run the library scan (sometimes I trigger the start scan using the API with curl) I get this annoying popup unable to connect to remote server:

Before reinstalling, with the same sources (as far as I remember), I never had this popup to appear. Maybe sometimes I got a wrong identification of a folder, but NEVER this popup.

I would like to avoid it because it stops scanning and without user intervention Kodi cannot finish to process the library and (eventually) adding the new episodes.
What's wrong with the scrapers? I've tried to update them manually but they're already at their latest version. I've also enabled the "wait network" before starting, but it doesn't solve; even clearing the entire library gives the same popup almost all the times.

I'm sure I was using the same version of Libreelec last week with the old configuration (and I swear at myself for clearing the SD!), so I would like to ask for help on how to recover the "old" library behaviour.

Here's my log:
zohiyawiwu.kodi (paste)
There are a couple of these in your log:

Code:
2019-06-13 22:13:15.677 T:1741280112 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/tv/32903...dd966a04f1:
2019-06-13 22:13:15.677 T:1741280112 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

Not sure if fanart.tv was doing maintenance or that something else was happening. Try again at a later moment in time.
(2019-06-14, 21:21)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if fanart.tv was doing maintenance or that something else was happening. Try again at a later moment in time.
The problem is that it's already a couple of days the error persisted, so I thought it was a misconfiguration. And is the popup normal? Shouldn't the library finished and then log/display the errors?
The URL works for me currently, although the result isn't satisfactory: https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/tv/32903...dd966a04f1

What I also see:

2019-06-13 22:12:33.492 T:1741280112 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 429
2019-06-13 22:12:33.492 T:1741280112 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 429 for http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?ap...it,en,null:
2019-06-13 22:12:33.492 T:1741280112 ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

Error 429:

https://httpstatuses.com/429
I just tried today... same errors, same popup (2 times) and the library cannot finish scanning if I don't push "YES".
I think that if it is a server error, than someone else should have the problem.

Also, the "too many requests"... I cannot choose how many requests Kodi does, right? So how can I solve?
So, nobody has a solution for my issue? Shall I stick with pressing YES on the popup every time? Am I the only one with the same problem?

:-(
This kind of error tends to be more related to the remote server (or the connection to it) than anything local.

And as such, there's not much we can do about it.

One thing you could check is whether the site is available reliably to you via a web browser. Just as a connection test to the site in general, although of course when you're scraping you may well not be accessing the same areas. It can be a useful guideline though for remote server issues, most often due to them being overloaded.
Of course the URL is accessible, but the problem is that it returns a JSON with an error, just like @Klojum has written above.
I suspect it is a plugin error instead, otherwise I won't have the issue EVERY TIME I update the library (in different days and weeks). Google doesn't help because other users have this issues long time ago... I'm thinking about downgrading Libreelec and seeing if scanning the same content works.

But at the same time I'm sure that I was using Libreelec 9.0.2 before clearing the SD card without these problems, but I cannot "prove" it. Having this popup issue is a pain for me, because I tend to trigger the library update via curl and it doesn't finish if someone doesn't close the popup.

May it be a problem of API Key? I've suscribed to fanart.tv and thetvdb.com and created the API Key, but now I'm not sure where to put them (I looked at this post but it's unclear): which file should I edit (I prefer to do it over SSH)?
I cannot edit my previous post (due to reputation level I think), so I'll add it here. I've found also this post but basically all this stuff seems to apply to someone which is using different scraping/video addons or modded skins.
I'm not using any of these, just LibreElec "out-of-the-box" so adding a custom API should be pointless?
(2019-06-22, 19:16)virtual__ Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot edit my previous post (due to reputation level I think)
It's an anti-spam measure, which will fade away over time as your post count increases.
@virtual__

Saw your post in the other thread and ended up here.

I looked at eight of your shows that did not scrape and they all seem to fail due to user error. They are ...
1. incorrectly named or
2. do not exist at the scraper site or
3. are a movie or
4. do not have a tv show folder.

Nothing seems to be wrong with the scraper. Rather you just need to fix your folder structure and naming.

Yes, yes you had them in the library before, but I cannot comment on what you had, I can only comment on your current log.
(2019-06-24, 21:52)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing seems to be wrong with the scraper. Rather you just need to fix your folder structure and naming.
Thanks for your answer. OK, but is it normal to have the popup depicted above that stops the scraping waiting for user input in these cases?
I think that this is due to the 429 error, right?

I accept if some of the shows are not scraped correctly, but I don't want a "modal window" like that. And I'm sure that this is due to the TMDB scraper because if I go to the Library Settings and change the scraper for all my 3 sources to the old TVDB and then start scanning again, I have NO popups and NO errors.

Of course the scaper is different and that's fair. But I don't think that not finding some folders should stop the scraping process.
Am I wrong?
Look at the show you are scraping in your first screenshot... Scorpion Temp. What is that?? Give me the link to that show at TheMovieDB.

Fix your naming. Fix your folder and file structure, then come back if you have problems.

Your log has one error 429, yet this whole thread sounds like the scraper is completely broken and unusable.

(2019-06-25, 19:18)virtual__ Wrote: [ -> ]but I don't want a "modal window" like that
The scraper code is here... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers
OK, sorry, there's no need to get upset. Mine was only a question, not an incitement or anything negative.

I just thought the two scrapers behaved in a similar way, but I was wrong. I'll fix my files and stop posting. Apologies.
Pages: 1 2