Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug...? How to prevent TTM 3.0.1 from moving directories renamed or cleaned up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using 3.0.1 under Linux, running rename and cleanup properly renames files, finds missing artwork etc. but then MOVES the directory from its original place.  This breaks my organization and directory structure.  I do not know how to prevent this, and can't use TMM until I find a workaround.

My directory structure is (partially) in this format:
/movies/adventure/
/movies/science fiction/
/movies/science fiction/Star Wars Collection/
/movies/science fiction/Star Trek Collection/

Under Movies | Datasource & NFO, I have source as /movies.  TMM properly imports all subdirectories. 

When I run rename on (for example) Star Wars - Return of the Jedi, the folder is moved:

FROM   /movies/science fiction/Star Wars Collection/Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
      TO   /movies/Star Wars - Return of the Jedi

I want to rename and cleanup directories but NOT move them from my carefully organized structure.  I was unable to find a setting to address this.

Could anyone kindly provide help with this issue?  Thanks in advance.
you need to add each "genre" folder as data source;

inside a data source tmm organizes your movies according to your renamer settings! there is no flag/setting to do the job half hearted..
(2019-06-15, 21:07)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]you need to add each "genre" folder as data source;

inside a data source tmm organizes your movies according to your renamer settings! there is no flag/setting to do the job half hearted..
I thought of this, but wouldn't each "Collection" folder under the different Genre folders also be moved?  IE:

/movies/science fiction/Star Wars Collection/Star Wars - Return of the Jedi

be moved to:

/movies/science fiction/Star Wars - Return of the Jedi?
not yet..
But I've now added a new tag (${parent}) to let you power users preserve your folder structure while renaming the movie folder to the desired pattern

will be in the next release