Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No signal on HDMI port when restarting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, I am new here, so excuse me for my bad english.

My current setup is the following: my Raspberry Pi 3 is connected to my Home Theater (Sony BDV-N990W) over HDMI IN 1 port, and the HT is connected to my TV over HDMI1 (ARC) port.
So, I can control Kodi simply using my TV remote over HDMI-CEC. It's amazing.

The Raspberry stays running 24/7, but every time I'm not at home and the power was out, the Raspberry restart but the HDMI connection lost the signal.
Let me explain better: when I return to home and (manually) power on TV and Home Theater, I select HDMI1 input and TV shows "no signal". To restore the signal, I must keep TV on, on HDMI1, and restart Raspberry via SSH for the signal finally return to Home Theater/TV HDMI port.
Every time that i attempt to restart Raspberry with Home Theater/TV powered off, the Raspberry HDMI does not transmit signal.

My question is: is there any config on Raspberry/Kodi that allow the HDMI port to be always ON, regardless if there are any device connected to another end of the cable?

Many thanks.
Tobias
Make sure this line is enabled in the config.txt file...

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
(2019-06-17, 07:57)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]hdmi_force_hotplug=1

You probably can't read the TV's EDID in this state (assuming it takes longer to power on than Pi), so this won't be a perfect solution as you'll only get basic hdmi resolutions/refresh rates.

Use this:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#...d_on_first