Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with database in NAS, nothing appears in menu of movies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning, I am astrocrip from Spain, I do not understand much about the topic of databases, but my intention is to share the database of Kodi, two units in a Nas openmediavault that I have mounted on another raspberry.
The problem that I have, after configuring everything, is the following:
when updating the library from kodi it does it correctly, and in the databases of the Nas you can see all the tables and directives of the movies, but in the menu of movies of kodi nothing appears. this is the log of the kodi error.

goxaxigovo.kodi (paste)

Thanks!!!!
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] The table does not exist

Two things:
- Something went wrong during the initialization of the Kodi database(s) on your NAS.
- Always provide the FULL kodi.log file, not just the part that you think is interesting. Errors may start at any time during startup.
(2019-06-21, 13:31)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] The table does not exist

Two things:
- Something went wrong during the initialization of the Kodi database(s) on your NAS.
- Always provide the FULL kodi.log file, not just the part that you think is interesting. Errors may start at any time during startup.

Thank you very much for answering, here I leave the complete log of kodi
mowuxabuge.kodi (paste)
Two Three things...

- In this log file you are not using an MySQL database as it is not declared in your advancedsettings.xml file.
- Please enable 'debugging' in Kodi, and restart/reboot your device so we get a more detailed log files in the near future.
- If you still want to use a shared MySQL database, I suggest you re-read the tutorial, and make sure the database user 'kodi' on your NAS has sufficient rights in order to function fully and properly.
(2019-06-21, 17:30)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Two Three things...

- In this log file you are not using an MySQL database as it is not declared in your advancedsettings.xml file.
- Please enable 'debugging' in Kodi, and restart/reboot your device so we get a more detailed log files in the near future.
- If you still want to use a shared MySQL database, I suggest you re-read the tutorial, and make sure the database user 'kodi' on your NAS has sufficient rights in order to function fully and properly.

Good afternoon, I have reviewed the tutorial and I have followed the foot of the list, but still does not connect to the NAS database and the movies do not appear in the main menu.
Here I leave the log

https://paste.kodi.tv/wuyatebego.kodi
Code:
2019-06-22 17:28:49.477 T:1915692592 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
2019-06-22 17:28:49.477 T:1915692592 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
2019-06-22 17:28:52.182 T:1791988448 NOTICE: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.1.38-MariaDB-0+deb9u1
2019-06-22 17:28:52.258 T:1791988448 DEBUG: Initialize, updating databases... DONE
So far, so good... Smile

Code:

2019-06-22 17:28:53.581 T:1791988448 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] The table does not exist
Query: select * from movie_view WHERE ((movie_view.playCount IS NULL OR movie_view.playCount < 1))
So close, yet so far... Sad

You will have to use a PHP client tool like PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench, and connect to your Kodi database to see what is going on on your NAS. Doublecheck if the user 'kodi' has all the necessary privileges.
It's possible that MariaDB is working on port 3307 (not MySQL's default 3306) on your NAS, but then again, Kodi wouldn't be able to connect from the start. So that is weird.

One more thing you could do is to enable the Database component in the debugging section. Restart Kodi, and generate a new kodi.log file.
(2019-06-22, 17:54)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
2019-06-22 17:28:49.477 T:1915692592 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
2019-06-22 17:28:49.477 T:1915692592 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
2019-06-22 17:28:52.182 T:1791988448 NOTICE: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.1.38-MariaDB-0+deb9u1
2019-06-22 17:28:52.258 T:1791988448 DEBUG: Initialize, updating databases... DONE
So far, so good... Smile

Code:

2019-06-22 17:28:53.581 T:1791988448 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] The table does not exist
Query: select * from movie_view WHERE ((movie_view.playCount IS NULL OR movie_view.playCount < 1))
So close, yet so far... Sad

You will have to use a PHP client tool like PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench, and connect to your Kodi database to see what is going on on your NAS. Doublecheck if the user 'kodi' has all the necessary privileges.
It's possible that MariaDB is working on port 3307 (not MySQL's default 3306) on your NAS, but then again, Kodi wouldn't be able to connect from the start. So that is weird.

One more thing you could do is to enable the Database component in the debugging section. Restart Kodi, and generate a new kodi.log file.

Thank you very much, you are very "grande", here I leave e log with the database in debug.

https://paste.kodi.tv/burimavoba.kodi
That last log does not show much difference, so it's time for to you to dig into your NAS with PHPMyAdmin (which is probably available via your NAS software too), and see if all of Kodi's database tables are indeed not created. If the database MyVideos116 is present, have PHPMyAdmin 'drop' (delete) it so Kodi can try to create everything new at the next restart.

Here is a complete list of tables and views that are in a working Kodi video database in MySQL.
(2019-06-22, 18:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]El último registro no muestra mucha diferencia, por lo que es hora de que usted ingrese a su NAS con PHPMyAdmin (que probablemente también esté disponible a través del software de su NAS) y vea si todas las tablas de la base de datos de Kodi no están creadas. Si la base de datos MyVideos116 está presente, haga que PHPMyAdmin la "suelte" (elimine) para que Kodi pueda intentar crear todo lo nuevo en el próximo reinicio. Aquí hay una lista completa de tablas y vistas que se encuentran en una base de datos de video de Kodi en MySQL.Image
Buenos días, eliminé las bases de datos y reinicié Kodi, estos son los tabalas presentes en la base de datos.

Did you forget to turn on your English translator this time? Smile

Your list seems to be complete, so Kodi does have write permission on your NAS database.
Now you will need to set up your video source(s) and scrape your media collection.
(2019-06-22, 18:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]That last log does not show much difference, so it's time for to you to dig into your NAS with PHPMyAdmin (which is probably available via your NAS software too), and see if all of Kodi's database tables are indeed not created. If the database MyVideos116 is present, have PHPMyAdmin 'drop' (delete) it so Kodi can try to create everything new at the next restart.

Here is a complete list of tables and views that are in a working Kodi video database in MySQL.
Good morning, I deleted the databases and restarted Kodi, these are the tabalas present in the database.
I'm sorry about the previous post, I've put it without translating
(2019-06-23, 09:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Did you forget to turn on your English translator this time? Smile

Your list seems to be complete, so Kodi does have write permission on your NAS database.
Now you will need to set up your video source(s) and scrape your media collection.
Ouuuuuu, it seems that now that it works, I see the movies in the kodi menu and they can be played, the database is full with the files.
Here is the log.What was happening?

https://paste.kodi.tv/tavicayuji.kodi
(2019-06-23, 09:43)astrocrip Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log.What was happening?

Not sure. Perhaps something didn't go well the first time on the NAS. But it all seems to work now.