Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDD Files not playing (detected as 0b size)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Kodi Experts,

I'm a fan of Kodi since long time, I use it on my Smart TV but since yesterday I'm having an issue.
I had Android 6 on my Smart TV with Kodi 18, I connect my external hard drive to my TV to update my Kodi library and watch my videos...

But yesterday, my TV upgraded to Android 8, I did a factory reset, installed Kodi from playstore, connected my HDD, updated my library as usual, it detected all my shows and movies... but when I wanted to watch a video it didn't play!!! it said it doesn't exist!!! so I browsed my HDD from within Kodi and I did find my files but all of them were detected as 0b file size.

I couldn't find why, so I'm posting the log below if you could help and advise please.
Kodi Log

Thanks
Just to add some update:
I noticed that even with VLC player I have the same issue, I can browse the hard drive but can't play the files.

It's only with the default player (that comes with the OS build) that I can play my videos.
So it seems that something changed in the Oreo update that prevent playing files from external storage.
Which disk format does the external HDD have?
NTFS, EXT4, EXFAT, something else?
Connect it to a PC and doublecheck the files have not been corrupted.
(2019-06-22, 23:26)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Which disk format does the external HDD have?
NTFS, EXT4, EXFAT, something else?
Connect it to a PC and doublecheck the files have not been corrupted.

The files are ok I still can access them from the PC, and as I said, the native player of the smart TV can read the file, only downloaded app (Kodi, VLC ...) can't read them!!!
The format is NTFS.