Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a cleaner for my Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just wondering if there is an official addon or tool that one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with.  In the past I have used 3rd party addons to accomplish this but I am hoping that by now there exists an actual official tool one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with whenever opens their Kodi. 

If not, is there a step by step tutorial on how one would go about cleaning their Kodi system?

Thanks
What are you trying to clean?
(2019-06-23, 23:37)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]What are you trying to clean?

So the 3rd party cleaner I have has a number of cleaning settings such as clear cache, clear packages, clear thumbnails, and enable an auto clean on start up - I just set them all to ok whether its necessary or not.  Something that would clean any or all of the above on start up would be nice.  I have seen youtube videos of people saying one needs to clean their Kodi to keep it working smoothly.  What should one be cleaning if anything?
(2019-06-24, 00:25)registeringisnotfun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-23, 23:37)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]What are you trying to clean?

So the 3rd party cleaner I have has a number of cleaning settings such as clear cache, clear packages, clear thumbnails, and enable an auto clean on start up - I just set them all to ok whether its necessary or not.  Something that would clean any or all of the above on start up would be nice.  I have seen youtube videos of people saying one needs to clean their Kodi to keep it working smoothly.  What should one be cleaning if anything? 

I wouldn't clean anything unless you start having specific problems.  If you want routine maintenance, making regular backups of your kodi install would be more worthwhile.  There's a Backup add-on in the main repository that does that can do that automatically for you.  You definitely don't want to clean thumbnails every boot since they would then have to be recreated every time you use the system.
(2019-06-23, 23:33)registeringisnotfun Wrote: [ -> ]I am just wondering if there is an official addon or tool that one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with.  In the past I have used 3rd party addons to accomplish this but I am hoping that by now there exists an actual official tool one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with whenever opens their Kodi. 

If not, is there a step by step tutorial on how one would go about cleaning their Kodi system?

Thanks

redacted for Kodi works should do the job. I use it - 
link removed
Unfortunately that page and the people who maintain it promotes banned add-ons (wiki) and so links to it are not allowed here under our piracy policy (wiki).

There are a few cleaner add-ons with threads in the add-ons section here, although none are in the official repo as they act directly on the Kodi database which isn't allowed in our repo.
(2019-06-24, 18:18)James1138 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-23, 23:33)registeringisnotfun Wrote: [ -> ]I am just wondering if there is an official addon or tool that one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with.  In the past I have used 3rd party addons to accomplish this but I am hoping that by now there exists an actual official tool one can use to automatically clean their Kodi with whenever opens their Kodi. 
shuttle Paris

Thanks
link removed 
So, we can't share link?
(2019-06-25, 00:16)Marshall94 Wrote: [ -> ]So, we can't share link?

Apparently, you "forgot" to read the forum rules (wiki) when you registered. These are some of the highlights:

Quote:2.5 Piracy Policy

Kodi's Official Piracy Policy

All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, or services that violate US copyright laws ("pirated content") will be closed when a forum moderator has been made aware of them. The original poster or add-on creator may provide a link to a website not hosted by Kodi for further discussion and inquiries.
Discussions for add-ons that link directly to pirated content and enables the user to access that content through the add-on will be shut down.
All links to pirated content will be removed. Requests on where to obtain pirated content will also removed.
"Pirated content" add-ons, websites, and services typically do not include the following (to be determined on a case-by-case basis if necessary):

A. The add-on does not actually perform the act of accessing pirated content ("mistaken identity") [For example, Sickbeard, which performs no actual downloading or streaming.]
B. The add-on has the potential to access pirated content, but is potentially useful for downloading legal content as well. [For example, an add-on that downloads torrents is not, itself, a problem, since a torrent can cover a wide variety content, including legally distributed videos.]
C. The add-on links/accesses content in a similar way to a normal web browser. This is done under the assumption that if the content owner did not want the content streamed, the owner should have not made the content available to be streamed in their site. [For example, the Bluecop Repository.]
D. The add-on accesses content with permission of the content owner, the content is "copyleft", or the add-on accesses content without the clear disapproval of the content owner. Kodi will do its best to comply with DMCA-related takedown requests.
Thread originators or add-on developers may petition Forum Moderators to re-open a thread that was closed if he or she believes one of the above exceptions applies.

Fair use exceptions apply for issues such as small video samples for testing and debugging, fanart and related artwork, video and audio summaries, subtitles, etc.
These rules apply only to the XBMC.org/Kodi.tv websites. At no point will any user be prevented from using Kodi as they so choose, nor will they be prevented from adding additional add-ons from any source they choose to use.
(2019-06-25, 00:16)Marshall94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-24, 18:18)James1138 Wrote: [ -> ]
shuttle Paris

Thanks
link removed 
So, we can't share link?  
You have to understand that Team Kodi correctly are distancing themselves from add-ons allowing users to access content protected by copyright. The only thing resulting from a different policy would be Kodi risking being taken down, possibly forever. As far as I'm aware there's no moral judgement involved in the decision. It's simply a matter of survival.

Furthermore, add-ons not vetted by Team Kodi needlessly complicate debug, as such they are not welcome here and need to be completely disabled (or uninstalled) when seeking support here.
I hope you can understand.