Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
I have tried the Matrix version. It seems to work. However. I cannot seem to find a way to get the light turn off again. Anyone have any success?

The thing is. I have the same issues with Kodi 18.9. I never used this addon. So I might be missing something. I installed it with the snapcase repo, Hue service version 0.13.3
Maybe someone can help me out.
I just installed this on a Shield 2019 tube. It works. 
I had a couple of times when I'd link it to the hub then it would crash and forget it was linked. So I'd have to do it again. I worked out if I just link it, then press OK, it then remembered it. 
I only used the scenes to basically turn on or off the 3 lights in my cinema when something is played, paused or stopped. Great!

Just a couple of points to mention. I'd really like to be able to edit the scene's once I'd created them. For example, I created my scene but set it with 0s transition, then decided I didn't like it. So I just had to create a new scene and delete the old one. It wouldn't let me edit the one I'd already created.
I also had the dependency issue and needed to install that separate addon a few posts back. Would be nice of that dependency was either removed or it was included automatically.   
Thanks very much for your work. I was bummed the other day when the Shield auto updated Kodi to Martrix without asking me and my previous kodi/Hue addon stopped working. 
If I can buy you a coffee let me know
@Paynemaster I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you create a scene with certain lights off, they should turn off when the scene runs if you select them when you create the scene. Could you give more detail as to what you're trying exactly and what you're trying to do?

@chimpsinties Glad you're enjoying it! I'll probably switch over to the Matrix addon in the repo when I have enough feedback that it actually works. I may try and see if the Kodi team accepts it in the official repo too so any dependencies will install automatically. As for editing, you can actually use other apps to edit the scenes much more easily than what I could do in the Kodi UI. I use this app, but there's plenty out there.
I just downloaded kodi matrix and this phlios hue service add on and I'm not understanding it...prior to matrix I had a different add on that made my lamps go dim when a movie would play and whe. I would stop or pause the lights go bright, I believe on the app they called it theater mode....im not understanding this add on and hot set it up like that...I set up a scene and added it to the start stop and pause under video and audio actions is this correct? how can I get my light to be in theater mode with this new add on in matrix?
Linux Kodi 19.0.
Hue service build 0.14.0 from Snapcase Repo.
Bridge is discovered in the Hue add-on.
Hue status is enabled.

I have a question regarding the configuration:

I've created several scenes in the Hue app and named them. In the add-on this scenes are not shown and I created this scenes manually in the add-on as well. After naming these in the same way as in the Hue app with a fade time of 5 sec, I selected the Hue lights that need to be configured. After this, the pop up: "Scene successfully created" is shown. 

If I start playing video content with the default scene in the Hue app, nothing happens.
If the scene for playing content is enabled before playing video-content and I quit the content the right scene is activated. 

In the Video Actions tab I've enabled both Pause and Stop with the according scenes. 

Did I miss a step somewhere or is my configuration wrong?
I am doing something wrong, because the colors behind my tv philips playbars only show 1 color.
(2021-01-29, 23:20)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @HoMsEy 

It's probably Rollbar, the crash reporting system that's missing. It's available here: https://github.com/zim514/zim514.github....0.15.1.zip

Hey I completely forgot to reply. Yes it was Rollbar, I added it and everything works great. Thanks again for this add-on. You accept tips?
(2019-07-02, 19:35)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]That's good to hear, I'm glad it's useful to others than me Smile

which app do I need to make my lights dim?
Great plugin! Thank you!
I have a request for additional video actions:
- Intro/Trailer Scene (before the feature presentation/movie scene when used with Cinema Mode)
- Resume (from pause) Scene (different from "Start Scene")
Hi @Hommer , glad it's useful.

For cinema mode, I think you're talking about another addon? That addon would have to integrate support for hue on their end. They can call my script, but my script can't know what cinema mode is doing unless its done on their side.

As for resume, I'll consider it for the future, but no promises. I think it should be possible but I don't have a lot of free time to add features these days.
Is the Repo Link dead?
Should be fixed now, give it a try and let me know.
Is there any chance that this addon will really replace hue sync.
Thanks...
Nope... That was never the intention.
Found this addon working amblight multi colors.
https://github.com/fefux/script.kodi.hue...t/tree/v19
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24