Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to show multiple menus at the same time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have in MyVideoNav.xml one menu that shows
" Files, Playlists, Add-ons ". The next menu will show when I clicked one of these Listitems. But I want to show it without a click. Like switching tabs.
Assuming your first list id is 50, put the following in your second list:
<content target="videos">$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.FolderPath]</content>
Can You explain it a little bit more? I try it but didn't get what I wanted.
(2019-06-29, 10:30)emre.ay Wrote: [ -> ]Can You explain it a little bit more? I try it but didn't get what I wanted.

It will probably help us understand what you're dealing with if you share your general code structure for both menus.
I think what jurial was trying to offer is that if the second menu container show the folderpath of the current item in the first menu then you might get what you're looking for.
But I don't know which content you have in the first menu and what you want to be in the second, so I guess that's depends.
Another way would be to set a property onfocus with an hidden button on the first menu, to show the second menu...
(2019-06-29, 15:12)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-29, 10:30)emre.ay Wrote: [ -> ]Can You explain it a little bit more? I try it but didn't get what I wanted.

It will probably help us understand what you're dealing with if you share your general code structure for both menus.
I think what jurial was trying to offer is that if the second menu container show the folderpath of the current item in the first menu then you might get what you're looking for.
But I don't know which content you have in the first menu and what you want to be in the second, so I guess that's depends.
Another way would be to set a property onfocus with an hidden button on the first menu, to show the second menu...
In MyVideoNav.xml I have two different types of listviews. For example it shows a list with id="50" with Listitems "Files, Playlists, Add-ons". If I click on Files the List shows new Listitems in the same list with id="50" and the same liestview. What I want is that if I onfocus on "files" the new Listitems should be visible with an different view under the list with the old Listitems. So both should be visible and should have different views. And if I focus on an other listitem the second list should be undated. Like showing the next path in a second different list.
(2019-06-29, 22:53)emre.ay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-29, 15:12)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]

In MyVideoNav.xml I have two different types of listviews. For example it shows a list with id="50" with Listitems "Files, Playlists, Add-ons". If I click on Files the List shows new Listitems in the same list with id="50" and the same liestview. What I want is that if I onfocus on "files" the new Listitems should be visible with an different view under the list with the old Listitems. So both should be visible and should have different views. And if I focus on an other listitem the second list should be undated. Like showing the next path in a second different list.
The solution I posted does exactly this.

Create a second list with the content path I posted above. Make sure your second list has an id that is *not* in the views tag. Make its visibility be based on whether the first list is visible.

If you can't get it to work, please post the code that you are trying.