Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media file information wrong...right movie wrong info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
can anyone help, I'm having an issue with Kodi providing the incorrect information about the correct movie.
As an example Fast Five...correct movie
Media info...4k Dolby atmos
Media info displayed 1080p Dolby Digital or AAC.

This has happened to a few movies I have added today.

I have rescanned but no change.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Which skin are you using? I don't think many skins are displaying Atmos at this time.

A Debug Log, playing your v4 movie will tell us what Kodi reads, and also provide the media info... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1707519
(2019-06-27, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Which skin are you using? I don't think many skins are displaying Atmos at this time.

A Debug Log, playing your v4 movie will tell us what Kodi reads, and also provide the media info... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1707519

Thanks for the follow up.
I think you are correct re atmos...I have checked atmos files that are displaying the correct media info and they do not list atmos.
However the labelling a movie 1080p instead of 4k still applies.
A log is troublesome, however I have read the media info and compared 1 movie that displays correctly and 1 that doesnt
Not correct
3840 x 2072pix
10bit
BT2020 (HDR)

Correct
3840 x 1600
10bit
BT2020

Not that it should be relevant both files in HEVC
Hope that helps.
Nope, does not help at all. If providing a log and media info printout is too "troublesome", then I'll take the same attitude and say this question is too troublesome for me.
(2019-06-27, 21:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, does not help at all. If providing a log and media info printout is too "troublesome", then I'll take the same attitude and say this question is too troublesome for me.

Not sure what that was all about, troublesome as I dont have email etc or any connectivity on the PC that I use Kodi on so I would have to set up my machine to do that to send the log, extracting it would be a painfull process. If Kodi was on my laptop then it would be no problem, but suit yourself. My response had nothing to do with attitude just logisitics, maybe its your attitude that needs reflection?
Without a Debug Log the only reliable way to know what happens on your setup is the crystal ball, sadly it has been broken for ages.
If you can't be bothered to get a proper debug log - the volunteers on this forum simply can not help you because of the lack of needed information.
Just a question of logistics realy - you need help, but for the devs to provide help you need to provide a debug log, but you don't want to do that - then the devs can't help.
Not having internet on that machine and yadayada - is YOUR problem. Grab a pendrive and copy the log over ... if it's painful for you - stop using computers completely.
Flogs
Band-aides and alcohol.