Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can you customise in progress/recent played/movie stats etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my movies split in to 2 sections
"Movies" and "Kids Movies"

when i click on either one it shows me how many films total in view
however on the Movies sub menu when I click in progress it shows me every single movie in progress, also the stats widget shows me total number of movies (combined from the 2 sections)

This is a PITA because my 4YO very often watches a film half way through and changes to something else, which means half of the films in "Kids movies" show up in the in progress list effectively rendering it useless unless I regularly go in and reset the last watched for all of the kids films.
likewise I would prefer that the stats on the movie information show only for that "section"

Can this be done ?
Kodi isn't exactly the statisticians dream, but perhaps these methods might be something you haven't considered. Using Smart playlists (wiki) and Video nodes (wiki) if your content is already in separate folders makes the job easier. A smart playlist for the 'kids' movie based on the path rule, and the same for rest (otherwise you'll need additional rules). If your skin allows it (look for a skin that supports custom menu's/buttons). You would eliminate the 'movies' button/menu item, and re-create a custom 'Kids Movies' button/menu that links to the smart playlist or node through favourites, do the same for 'Adult Movies'. With this step in operation, the filtering function should offer 'in progress' for only the movies in the specific node/playlist.

Smart Playlists and Nodes have a lot of rules, and you should be able to slice & dice your library in almost any imaginable way. Custom home items (wiki)