Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18.2 freezes after 12 sec.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
This my first post here and I'm not a computer wizard as well, so, please be patient with me. now to the problem. I've installed the 18.2 Leia om my desktop wit win7 64 bit. I've had the Garvis (16) installed on it previously.  it went well but when I've tried to watch an add on, it began to play but only for 12 seconds and then I've got the picture freezing. I've tried another add on, but the results were the same. any ideas how to fix it?
Which add-ons are you trying to use?

To try and sort this properly, we'll need a debug log (wiki) from your machine. There are details in the next post on how to do obtain that and provide it.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi and thanx for the swift response. as I've mentioned earlier, my knwoledge is basic ans so, I'll have to try and figure out how to get the log, according to the link that you've sent.
(2019-06-29, 14:52)atr2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanx for the swift response. as I've mentioned earlier, my knwoledge is basic ans so, I'll have to try and figure out how to get the log, according to the link that you've sent.
I've followed the instructions but I'm not sure if the log file was uploaded. is there any way to verify that it was uploaded?
@atr2

You have to post the link here or we will never find it. Post your log again, when it uploads copy the address in the address bar and paste it here.
(2019-07-06, 06:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@atr2

You have to post the link here or we will never find it. Post your log again, when it uploads copy the address in the address bar and paste it here.
MOD corrected link:
The link to log file is: LogFile
(2019-07-06, 08:54)atr2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-06, 06:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@atr2

MOD corrected link:
The link to log file is: LogFile 
You seem to have a lot of issues related to failed enumeration of your audio device.
Is your device DX 11 compliant? Are the drivers up to date?
There is also a problem during the detection of the joystick you currently have plugged in.
Kodi 18 requires DX version 11.1 compatible devices to work correctly.
Because you did not provide a debug log, it's hard to tell you more. Maybe others can provide more guidance.
Be also aware of banned add_ons (wiki), you have one on your system and I suggest removing it if you want further help on this site per forum rules (wiki)