Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitle download bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, first post ever for me.
Before opening a new thread I've searched the forum and the internet dire a solution but I didn't find one.
I hope some of you guys can help me.

I have Kodi installed on my Nvidia Shield, on my tablet and on my phone (all three running Android); my library is on a Synology NAS, which also hosts the db on which all three Kodi instances connect on. Everything is synchronised: same library, playback state and watched/unwatched video list on all three devices.

Now, my issue is: if I download through the internal feature of Kodi (OpenSubtitles plugin), even if "Save next to video" option is set, the srt is saved in the "special" Kodi temp directory. This happens only on the Shield and only for TV shows: on the other devices whenever I download a subtitle, it is saved next to the video and renamed accordingly both for movies and TV shows, on the Shield this works how it should only for movies but not for TV shows.

I'm scratching my head but I really can't figure out what's the problem. Both sources (movies and TV shows) are on the same shared directory on the NAS and uses the same user (read/write permission). On the logs there aren't any write error entry, just a debug row that says that the temp file is saved in the "special" directory (which is the Kodi temp path).

Can anybody help? Thank you!