Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installed Leia UWP, now my standard Krypton installation's add-ons get disabled!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to have 2 installs of Kodi: one from the Windows Store, and one usual. But the latest release of Leia on the Store has messed up my Krypton installation.
All add-ons that are incompatible with Leia: Trakt, Global Search, etc are auto disabled in my Krypton installation through an add-on migration process.
I've tried everything I could think of:
Uninstalled Kodi UWP.
Reinstalled my Krypton installation after everything else, including deleting the %appdata%/add-ons/packages folder, failed.
My add-ons still get disabled every time I start Kodi, although working normally if enabled manually each time.
Can anyone here, please help me with this? Would be grateful Smile
It's important to understand that the path for Kodi files from the windows store is different from the Kodi web site linked from the downloads page. Userdata (wiki) and it's most likely a mix of this along with some add-ons not fully compatible as of yet with the latest version. As I understand it, you have but one Krypton installation. Packages is just a storage location for archive updates. You could just delete all files in the roaming/Kodi folder and re-install, but I really think you need to move ahead with Leia, some of those add-ons have already been updated to match.

Suggestion: https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable you'll find you can have your cake and eat it too.
(2019-07-01, 01:54)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]It's important to understand that the path for Kodi files from the windows store is different from the Kodi web site linked from the downloads page. Userdata (wiki) and it's most likely a mix of this along with some add-ons not fully compatible as of yet with the latest version. As I understand it, you have but one Krypton installation. Packages is just a storage location for archive updates. You could just delete all files in the roaming/Kodi folder and re-install, but I really think you need to move ahead with Leia, some of those add-ons have already been updated to match.

Suggestion: https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable you'll find you can have your cake and eat it too.

What I'm unable to understand is, after having uninstalled Kodi UWP, any and all changes made by it should've been reverted, but the "add-on migration" process still occurs and disables my older addons!
I tried getting to the UWP Userdata folder linked above, but as I expected, it DOES NOT exist anymore, since I've uninstalled the Store version already.
Essential add-ons like Trakt have not been updated for Leia yet as far as I know, but thank you for the tip on the portable install!

I really hope someone can help me figure out what is triggering the migration/disable processed even after a complete removal of the Microsoft Store v19!
(2019-07-01, 15:19)macpmilo Wrote: [ -> ]but the "add-on migration" process still occurs and disables my older addons!
Your problems with Trakt can be addressed directly here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220547&page=41, the key is the older add-ons have either yet to fully support Leia (updates might be available in individual forums as a direct beta download) or the authors are not available unless there is interest in the add-on shown in the forums. If an older add-on has dependencies or routines that are no longer available, the add-on will not transition to the new iteration.