Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] Older Kodi versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using old version of KODI (15.2).
When I tried to update the version to 16.x, 17.x or 18.x There are a black screen and some time the color change, the audio was good.

My hardware configuration and software are following:
      - Hardware Apple MacMini 2.1 using Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)
        driver version 8.15.10.2697

- For the OS it's Windows 10 Professional 32 bits at the last update.

Are there some particular setting or the hardware was obsolete ?

Thanks a lot for your time and have a great day
PS: I don't know if my question is in the correct Post.
@Mellah - this would be better served as a support request.

I've made it into its own thread in the Windows support section, hopefully someone can shed some light for you, although it's a bit of an unusual hardware set-up.

This kind of issue is often related to the display drivers, so it may be worth confirming if there are any options to update those to newer/more current versions.
Hello,
Thanks a lot for your answer and have a great day.
Throw us a bone (proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread) , as Darren mentioned, it's likely a hardware issue, Kodi is a visual program that demands direct access to the graphic engine. From 15.2 XBMC to recent Kodi we have come a long way, I still keep an old XBMC 13.1 version hanging around and still find it as the best thing since sliced bread and as long as it plays I'll always have room for it on my system.

Depending on your reasons to move ahead, I would suggest you keep the old set-up (perhaps transition it into portable mode) around, which will allow updates to not interfere with newer attempts to modernize.  If the only reason you're moving ahead is to take advantage of new features, add-ons and functionality, then you might want to investigate the brand new (at this time) Raspberry Pi 4 which takes advantage of the newest Kodi for the most economical budget that I can see tied with great support. (gawd I sound like a shill, catch this guys take https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2864966).
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Could you close this Post.

Have a great day