Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Access synced KODI library (NAS) on Android phone from outside local network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched, but couldnt find the exact answer. So, here goes:

At home, I have KODI running on a VERO 4K+, with a library using media from 2 local NAS servers.
What I'd like to do (as I imagine many must have done before me), is to kind of have the same library (synced) on my Android phone, so I can stream the media by KODI on that, wherever I am (provided that the connection is fast enough, of course. Never mind transcoding, my NAS'es can only deliver the raw streams, but I do have a 1Gbit line, so it should be ok).
This is the luxury model, of course.

Second best would be to just be able to access the NAS folders by KODI on my phone without the library functionality.

I'm fairly well-versed with KODI, but this is a bit more advanced than I've tackled so far. Any idea how I could go about this? 

Thanx in advance :-)
(2019-07-03, 23:54)jumle Wrote: [ -> ]I searched, but couldnt find the exact answer. So, here goes:

At home, I have KODI running on a VERO 4K+, with a library using media from 2 local NAS servers.
What I'd like to do (as I imagine many must have done before me), is to kind of have the same library (synced) on my Android phone, so I can stream the media by KODI on that, wherever I am (provided that the connection is fast enough, of course. Never mind transcoding, my NAS'es can only deliver the raw streams, but I do have a 1Gbit line, so it should be ok).
This is the luxury model, of course.

Second best would be to just be able to access the NAS folders by KODI on my phone without the library functionality.

I'm fairly well-versed with KODI, but this is a bit more advanced than I've tackled so far. Any idea how I could go about this? 

Thanx in advance :-)

Bump .... nobody? Undecided