Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire stick pvr install error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week I installed Kodi on my fire stick hoping to get a pvr client installed for live TV and dvr. This is the only thing I plan to use Kodi for as it works great on Windows and we use Plex for movies.

If I understood things correctly NextPVR was going to do what I wanted, provide a dvr server that if I scheduled a recording from another device it would record through the always on server.

However, when I try to download the NextPVR client, I just get a Kodi.binary.global.main error. This only happened on fire stick 4k, installed on my Android phone and windows just fine. Also other pvr add one have the same result but other add one outside of pvr install just fine.

Once I figure out the post logs, I'll add that
You seem to be using an old RC version of Kodi:

Code:
06:55:51.329 T:18446744071744186656  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-RC5 Git:20190111-baff0a1). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit

Try sideloading the current 18.3 release apk from our mirrors (here) and see if you get more success.
(2019-07-04, 14:14)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to be using an old RC version of Kodi:
Code:
06:55:51.329 T:18446744071744186656 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-RC5 Git:20190111-baff0a1). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit

Try sideloading the current 18.3 release apk from our mirrors (here) and see if you get more success. 

This worked! Live TV is working. Still getting some error about not able to start pvr client, but it is working.
Post up a link to a new log and we can see what that is. Normally it can relate to access to the relevant back-end (for PVRs except IPTV Simple) but a new debug log (wiki) may shed light there.

At least we're making progress though Smile